Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options
  • 03-09-2012 11:37am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ED SHEERAN LIVE AT THE 02 DUBLIN, 11 JANUARY 2013
    ............................................................................................
    We are delighted to present the return of UK songwriting sensation ED SHEERAN for his first headline Irish show since last year’s ecstatically received performance at Vicar Street.

€35

Tickets go on sale THIS FRIDAY at 9am through Ticketmaster Ireland

Also The Odyssey Belfast £27

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

is this a wind up? the o2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I reckon this will sell pretty well. It's nicely timed for the Christmas market. The loyal fans will snap up tickets when they go on sale but plenty more will be sold in the lead up to Christmas as people look for gift ideas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'd say for him not selling out the O2 would be a problem.

He may have played Vicar Street last time, but his popularity has stepped up a notch since.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

Anyone have an O2 priority code I could use for this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

Anyone else having trouble getting tickets for this this morning? Been trying since 9, put waiting for 10 mins and then got an error and had to start again :mad: Now its saying its sold out.. hardly sold out the O2 that quickly..:confused:

• Advertisement

Yep been trying since 9 and nothing! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Second date added!!

Saturday January 12th!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,976 ✭✭✭✭listermint

i just cant see how the performance is going to suit the venue tbh,

I just can't see how it sold out that fast :confused:

Yeah i'm baffled at how quick they went! Was booking for 6 of us, in the end got 2 standing(rushed decision) then the second date was announced!! Finally got 6 standing so will have 2 spare for fri night if anyone is interested..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

I was trying on-line on ticketmaster which wasn't working so just called on the phone about 9.20 and managed to get two tickets for the Friday night then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zoolander900

I tried 4 times on ticketmaster at 9 and eventually got 2 for Friday at 9:20. Must have been some of the last Friday ones because it went straight through as if someone had just cancelled.

I am on the look out for 4 more for Friday. My brother was only able to get 4 for Saturday. So if anyone is willing to swap or is selling some Friday ones let me know, thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Aiken Promotions
    Ed Sheeran has been one of the greatest breakthrough stories in recent years. His whirlwind story has seen the young artist rise from an independently released You Tube phenomenon to releasing the best-selling debut album of 2011, scooping numerous awards and
    scoring a string of hit singles along the way.

TODAY Ed Sheeran has SOLD-OUT not one but TWO nights for The 02 Dublin next January.
    We will be seeing you on the 11th & 12th January Ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

jesus ed sheeran selling out 2 nights in the o2!? im getting old.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

WOW sold out!!

Im sooo lucky I got 2 tickets this morning for Saturday no problem at all, which is very strange for ticket master.

Tickets printed.....check.....just waiting to go now.... Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Friend of mine is looking for a standing ticket for Saturday ... is it dodgy to buy off websites like donedeal, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shnoobies

Yeah i'm baffled at how quick they went! Was booking for 6 of us, in the end got 2 standing(rushed decision) then the second date was announced!! Finally got 6 standing so will have 2 spare for fri night if anyone is interested..

how much?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

df1985 wrote: »
    jesus ed sheeran selling out 2 nights in the o2!? im getting old.... :(
    im officially out of touch

does he even have enough songs?

im baffled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Judging by the seating chart on Ticketmaster it's gonna be the full setup in the o2, they aren't doing Intimate Theatre or Optimum Standing. I wonder how his music is going to hold up in the place, doesn't really seem to suit, but fair play to him for selling 2 nights in the o2 and 2 nights in the Odyssey Arena.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

If your up for the trip there still standing tickets for the Belfast gigs... I got Tickets :-)

Also got a great deal on a hotel on Groupon!

• Advertisement

shnoobies wrote: »
    how much?

These two tickets are gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Lets look at this for what it really is - its amazing and strange!!

Ed Sheeran has SOLD OUT 2 nights at the O2 (14,500 seating/standing capacity), 1 night at the Odyssey Belfast (14,000 capacity) and is well on the way to selling out a second night in Belfast.

Lets assume the second Belfast gig does sell out between now and January. That means that he will have sold approx 57,000 tickets.

That's more than will have attended all the major gigs in Ireland this summer (not including Westlife at Croke Park).

More people will attend his gigs than did the Chilli Peppers at Croke Park, each of the three Phoenix Park gigs, Electric Picnic, Tennents Vital, each Marlay Park gig, Lady Gaga at the Aviva this w/e, Black Keys, Blink 182 and so on!!

All this for a man who has one album (10-12 songs). Amazing stuff!!

The O2 is a big big place and I wonder how his music will travel within the vast arena!!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

He was fantastic at Electric Picnic, gutted the tickets came out so quickly & I couldn't afford to buy them. I definitely think he can handle the O2, Electric Arena was packed for him (I know it's tiny in comparison) and he's really great at getting the crowd going. Very jealous of everyone going!

Glad i got to see him in Whelans last year and also did a impromtu song with Foy Vance which was kinda cool:D

Ticketmaster Ireland
    Having already SOLD OUT this first two dates at The O2 Dublin, Ed Sheeran has only gone and announced a 3RD DATE on Sunday 13 January. Tickets go on sale next Friday 21 September at 09:00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

It's going to be full of women with that fringe kind of swept across their face, and wearing face paint or headbands. Enough to make me break out in a rash! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

:eek: Well holy god :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AndOne

Dunno what any of you are talking about Ed Sheeran has plenty of music and it all suits big indoor places like the o2 he has several unreleased albums and one major Album. He is the Best solo performer of the last Ten years and deserves all his success..

AndOne wrote: »
    Dunno what any of you are talking about Ed Sheeran has plenty of music and it all suits big indoor places like the o2 he has several unreleased albums and one major Album. He is the Best solo performer of the last Ten years and deserves all his success..

I do like Ed but i would not say he is the best solo performer in the last 10 year:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AndOne

I do like Ed but i would not say he is the best solo performer in the last 10 year:P

In Europe Anyway which mainly means Uk and Ireland he is streets ahead of anyone he is genius his lyrics are Amazing and the Graft he Puts in is astounding did more gigs than anyone he played 312 gigs in 2009 alone. Thats Ridiculous

Advertisement