Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

AndOne wrote: »
    In Europe Anyway which mainly means Uk and Ireland he is streets ahead of anyone he is genius his lyrics are Amazing and the Graft he Puts in is astounding did more gigs than anyone he played 312 gigs in 2009 alone. Thats Ridiculous

If you are looking for a better lyricist check out Frank Turner and also tours and plays a lot . Sure he even sold out Wembley Arena without being on a Major Label or big "commercial hits" which is pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Dunno what any of you are talking about Ed Sheeran has plenty of music and it all suits big indoor places like the o2 he has several unreleased albums and one major Album. He is the Best solo performer of the last Ten years and deserves all his success..

Rubbish!!!! Check out John Butler solo (or with his trio). Check out Jeff Lang. Check out Dave Matthews solo. All are planets ahead of Ed Sheeran in lyrics and ability.
    Christy Moore is still streets ahead of him.

But it's all subjective. What I love, you will hate, and vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

In Europe Anyway which mainly means Uk and Ireland he is streets ahead of anyone he is genius his lyrics are Amazing and the Graft he Puts in is astounding did more gigs than anyone he played 312 gigs in 2009 alone. Thats Ridiculous

Europe doesn't mean UK and Ireland. Germany is a bigger music market than the UK....

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

I'm not surprised he's sold out so well.

I wouldn't consider myself a fan at all and only really like about one song, but at electric picnic he was brilliant. I was expecting him to just come out and stand there with his guitar and that I'd be bored to tears since my cousin had dragged me along but he interacted really well with the crowd (which was massive) and got everyone going. One of the best acts the whole weekend.

Tempted to go again since he was so livebut I've just got my sister and her mates a ticket. Still havn't gor round to buying the album though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Who's supporting? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 matildajane

Hi, how strict are the 02 with the U16 accompanied rule? I am due to accompany 4 teenage (14 year old) girls on Friday night - seated area. However my daughter thinks I will cramp her style! I cant get anyone else to go with them and they would prefer another friend if possible. I am afraid to chance it as they wouldnt pass for 16 under any kind of close scrutiny! Would they be likely to be turned away?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Passenger announced as support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hi, how strict are the 02 with the U16 accompanied rule? I am due to accompany 4 teenage (14 year old) girls on Friday night - seated area. However my daughter thinks I will cramp her style! I cant get anyone else to go with them and they would prefer another friend if possible. I am afraid to chance it as they wouldnt pass for 16 under any kind of close scrutiny! Would they be likely to be turned away?

They'll stroll in with no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Does anybody know what time Ed is due on stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Any idea who is supporting?

• Advertisement

Somebody said earlier in the thread that is was Passenger supporting

For anyone planning on getting the Luas down it is closed at the moment due to an RTA in town

http://www.luas.ie/travel-updates/

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Ok quick few words about tonights gig .Amazed that he played that good with just a guitar and a loop machine.He blew the roof off the O2 and the crown lapped it up.Bit scary at the front and the manager of the O2 had to come on stage to threaten to cancell the gig unless people moved back before he came on stage
    He came on at 9.00 and finished at 10.45

Setlist
    Give me love
    Drunk
    Uni
    Grade 8
    Wayfaring Stranger
    Small Bump
    Be my Husband
    Kiss me
    The city
    Hearts on Fire with Passenger
    Lego House

Encore
    You need me
    Gold rush
    Parting Glass
    A team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

It was like Beatlemania with all the screaming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Sounds serious the pushing at it?
    Was it a young crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

he was that good i remembered him been excellent at Electric Picnic and thought maybe my alcohol influenced state was clouding my memory due to the fact that im not a huge fan but he was class again sat night (only had 2 drinks so i can be sure)

great performer the sound he gets from a guitar and a loop pedal is to be admired on its own great vocals too he pleasantly surprised me again

enjoyed Passenger too

Only downside was the crowd as some1 said the screaming was unbearable at times esp considering the crowd want as young as i expected it to be

Advertisement