Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing a company in order to pay them??

Options
  • 03-09-2012 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering what do you do when you make genuine attempts to pay a bill but end up getting nowhere? I've ben trying to pay my meteor bill to no avail. I ended up this morning emailing them with this following email
    To Whom It May Concern,

I am sending this email regarding my bill pay account linked to my phone number XXX-XXXXXXX.

The credit card that is used to pay this account is expired. When I noticed this I contacted Customer Care which informed me that they couldn't take my new credit card details at the weekend as the payments department was closed for the weekend. I rang again during the following week and was told that for security purposes I couldn't set-up a new payment over the phone and would need to fill out a mandate form in-store.

About two weeks ago I filled out a Direct Debit mandate form in the Meteor store on XXXX Street; XXXX which I handed to one of the employees who assured me it would be processed quickly. Late last week I received a new bill where you were still trying to process my expired card. On Saturday the 1st I went into the same Meteor store to enquire about the direct debit mandate and its status. They were unable to check this on their system and recommended that I contact Customer Care. I rang Customer Care and they said that they had no record of receiving the mandate form. I then went back into the store and told them what Customer Care said. The store assistant asked if I wanted to fill out another form but I replied that I didn't want to in case having two forms in the meteor system may cause more issues. The store assistant then recommended that I go back to the store during the week where the staff I originally dealt with should be working and see if they have any information.

Apologies for the long winded email but I want to state in writing the genuine and fair attempts I have made to make payment on this account. I do not want to make payment in cash as I feel it is inconvenient for me but am fully open to paying by direct debit or credit card.

If you would like payment please contact me anytime at XXX-XXXXXXX, or at this email address, otherwise I will take it that the amount is settled in full.

Regards,
    XXXX XXXX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

An email isn't worth the paper it's not written on. Send it hard copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

True, what a pain though, not as if Eircom/Meteor are swimming in cash.

Guess I'll have to try and send a hard copy alright, maybe by registered post.

You'd swear I was the one that owed money.

Advertisement