Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiotic parking Raleigh Row (Jes Primary)

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    I can't find the original photo, but I'm pretty sure the reg number of the HGV pictured on the footpath is 00-MN-383.

With regard to the daily problem of footpath driving (and parking) I wonder whether I should call to Mill Street (Garda Station, that is) or the one in Salthill? Or perhaps both?

Anyway, OT so let's leave it there (or for another thread).

Just dont put the child at risk in the pursuit of your crusade and that will be a great start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Walking on the road is a "danger to traffic". A Garda sergeant told me that, so it must be true.

We always walk on the footpath.

Oh wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Maybe you should get one of those dash cams and attach it to the buggy and you could work for Google maps at the same time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

7857_0b0f.jpeg

Maybe you should get one of those dash cams and attach it to the buggy and you could work for Google maps at the same time!

Done it. I call it the PramCam.

Good for capturing scenes like this:

AGS2.jpg

And this:

TeachingCommunity2.jpg

And this:

01-LK-5095.jpg

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »

Apropos of narrow-minded reactionaries with a rather blinkered world view, I see the usual crew are thanking each other's posts again.

Honeymoons are short on Boards, it would seem. :)

As are some people's memories, possibly. See also:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68811866&postcount=28

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68847162&postcount=77

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68847740&postcount=81

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Limuu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

One should know the law when complaining about things
    Iwannahurl wrote: »

AGS2.jpg

Road Traffic Act 2010
    87.— (1) Requirements under the Road Traffic Acts 1961 to 2010 relating to vehicles and requirements, restrictions and prohibitions relating to the driving and use of vehicles, other than those provided under sections 49, 50, 51A, 52 and 53 of the Principal Act, sections 12, 13 and 15 of the Act of 1994 and sections 4 , 5 , 12 and 14 of this Act, do not apply to—

(a) the driving or use by a member of the Garda Síochána, an ambulance service or a fire brigade of a fire authority (within the meaning of the Fire Services Act 1981 ) of a vehicle in the performance of the duties of that member, or

(b) a person driving or using a vehicle under the direction of a member of the Garda Síochána,

where such use does not endanger the safety of road users.

Basically the gardai, when executing their duty are exempt from the rta traffic acts except for drink & dangerous driving or if the uise endangers other road users.

In the picture above the buggy can clearly get around the Garda car, which appears to be parked across the driveway of a private household - so likely on duty.

Two questions:
    Where's the photo, looks like the prom at threadneedle rd?
    Did you get the permission of the women in these photos to have their backsides plastered all over the interwebs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's just stop here. By now everyone have had some sort of say.
    Another can started at some point if need be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement