Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thai Gold products anyone else using them?

Options
  • 03-09-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Since these came on the market in my area in the last year i must say im very impressed , i use the red curry paste, the coconut milk, and just recently started using their sweet chilli sauce.

All top notch and better than their competitors imo especially their coconut milk alot of the cans i open are real thick coconut cream for about half the can, very little water in comparison to other brands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Since these came on the market in my area in the last year i must say im very impressed , i use the red curry paste, the coconut milk, and just recently started using their sweet chilli sauce.

All top notch and better than their competitors imo especially their coconut milk alot of the cans i open are real thick coconut cream for about half the can, very little water in comparison to other brands.

Yep, I'll second that, always been happy with their products. And they are Irish too so bonus there also

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Where can you get them? Been struggling to find decent coconut milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Where can you get them? Been struggling to find decent coconut milk.
    My local dunnes stores stocks them, have seen them in other dunnes too.

If you get the coconut milk keep it in the fridge when you go to use it you will see how much cream there is compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Their Massaman curry paste is pretty good! Pleased to discover they are Irish too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Never got around to try this product. I use chaokoh coconut milk and for curry paste i use Mea Ploy witch i find both excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 loadsofham

Guys

I have noticed that all of the products are made in Thailand, so although the company is based in Wexford it looks like they are only packing the stuff here. What is great about them is that the majority of their products are gluten free

They also have some new cooking sauces with veg already in the jars and all you have to do is add meat or prawns, but word of warning I tried the Red Curry one and it would blow your heard off, even after adding a tin of coconut milk to try and make it more palatable. Neither my wife or I could eat it and we would eat a lot of hot thai curries on a regular basis so are well versed with how hot Thai food can be. I am actually convinced it was a dodgey jar

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

loadsofham wrote: »
    Guys

I have noticed that all of the products are made in Thailand, so although the company is based in Wexford it looks like they are only packing the stuff here.

The cheek of them not using Irish coconuts !!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loadsofham

GastroBoy wrote: »
    The cheek of them not using Irish coconuts !!

we have an abundance of them after our beautiful tropical summer

Advertisement