Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another jobs blow..55 CRH cut.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

liammur wrote: »

JJB also talking about closing down. Is in the Limerick Leader today.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Kess73 wrote: »
    JJB also talking about closing down. Is in the Limerick Leader today.

Any link for that kess ? I only signed up for long term membership a few months back :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Any link for that kess ? I only signed up for long term membership a few months back :confused:

Well I know JJB the group are on the verge of going bankrupt, probably will be forced to sell off the profitable outlets.

I wonder has the CRH thing anything to do with the strike that was on there a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

liammur wrote: »

weren't the employees of this particular company on strike recently because of "too low wages"?

Saw it in the paper today, not online. Says in the article that unless someone comes in soon and buys JJB's Irish operations they will be closing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Saw it in the paper today, not online. Says in the article that unless someone comes in soon and buys JJB's Irish operations they will be closing.

That's a bummer. It's a good shop and the gym is nice too.

Sure any major companies that are setting up show in Ireland are all going to Dublin mostly.

jaxxx wrote: »
    That's a bummer. It's a good shop and the gym is nice too.

Sure any major companies that are setting up show in Ireland are all going to Dublin mostly.

Page 21 in yesterday's Leader is where the story can be found. If I can I will try to get my hand on the paper itself and scan the page or get someone to scan it and email it to me.

It states that all of JJB's outlets , stores and gyms, will be closed if nobody comes in and buys them all.

The article also mentions that there would be disappointment for all those who signed up for long term membership if a buyer cannot be found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Page 21 in yesterday's Leader is where the story can be found. If I can I will try to get my hand on the paper itself and scan the page or get someone to scan it and email it to me.

It states that all of JJB's outlets , stores and gyms, will be closed if nobody comes in and buys them all.

The article also mentions that there would be disappointment for all those who signed up for long term membership if a buyer cannot be found.

That's unhelpful speculation, not on your part, but the newspaper, as they are actively looking for a buyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

It's one way of ensuring that people don't sign up for prepaid yearly memberships.

Advertisement