Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Right or Wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

100% right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Definitely right.
    Wife Rachel took him to court as soon as the episode of Deal Or No Deal was shown on TV
    Bitch

brummytom wrote: »
    Definitely right.

Bitch

He seems like a sound ould trout while she comes off as a right geebag tbh!

Now I want to watch 'Brewsters Millions' tho :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

As it turned out, Mr Brown was right to suspect that his wife, who he says asked him for a divorce on Christmas Day last year when he allegedly found she had been having an affair with a truck driver she met over the internet, would want to cash in on his lucky break.

LOL What a bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

He is in the right. He won the money after they were seperated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Ha ! Take that ya money grabbing geebag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

He should have sent the cunt a postcard from Mexico

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

He was dead right - Fair play to him !

Probably just as well he didn't win the maximum prize though.

What a bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

should have sent her a photo of him with a bunch of strippers in vegas

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Surely four months is not particularly quick to get rid of just fifty grand. New car and bob's your uncle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Faolchu wrote: »
    should have sent her a photo of him with a bunch of strippers in vegas

Probably not a good idea if he wants to see his kids again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,298 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I can't see how she would have had claim to half the money if they had already separated. Either way though, he was right. He earned that money through his own hard work picking numbers at random

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Shame on him.

Doesn't he know how it works?

Give her 25k up front, then a grand per month maintenance for 2 years. He can use the remaining 1k to repair his ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

He sorted some stuff for the kids and spent the rest on what are generally good things to get. A Car, a Course for a new career. And then a little for Leisure. His wife is a bit of a cnut it sounds like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Done good, screw the slut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

How did it take him so long to spend it?

I could spend that in a day.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    How did it take him so long to spend it?

I could spend that in a day.

:(

/envies AnonoBoy and regrets not trying harder in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Surely four months is not particularly quick to get rid of just fifty grand. New car and bob's your uncle.

how do you Bob your Uncle? Would he mind? How would this help get rid of the dosh...would you have to pay him?

corktina wrote: »
    how do you Bob your Uncle? Would he mind? How would this help get rid of the dosh...would you have to pay him?

I have an Uncle Bob so Bob is my Uncle. Tbh he prefers to be called Robbie but we prefer 'Bob the knob'! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Dirty bi*ch.

• Advertisement

CL7 wrote: »
    :(

/envies AnonoBoy and regrets not trying harder in college.

I didn't say earn it in a day. Just spend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Considering that he spent a huge chunk of it paying off her debts as well as his own, the judge will look favourably on him and she has two chances of seeing any of that money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

From the language used by some posters in this thread, you'd think the woman in the article had personally fecked each and every one of you over.

Boards.ie is a great website, but sometimes it's very disturbing to see what some people really think of women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Feeona wrote: »
    From the language used by some posters in this thread, you'd think the woman in the article had personally fecked each and every one of you over.

Boards.ie is a great website, but sometimes it's very disturbing to see what some people really think of women.

in all fairness i think its more about just this woman in the article and not women in general even if you dont agree with describtion of her by some of the posters

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Halfpan

Yeah I don't see anything wrong with him spending the money he won. He spent it pretty well in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

They are not giving out about her because she is a woman. It's because she told him she didn't love him anymore, cheated on him with some guy, then when they were seperated and he won money tried to take him to the cleaners.

If a guy had done this it would get a similar response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Wrong and insulting at the same time. Well done.

She's a bitch. Or dickhead. Or prat. Or scum if you prefer.

Divorce on Xmas day because she's having an affair, with a ****ing truck driver she met on the net. Then feels she has a right to his cash?

MEGA BITCH and fair play to him.

PS. I love women.

davet82 wrote: »
    in all fairness i think its more about just this woman in the article and not women in general even if you dont agree with describtion of her by some of the posters

I do hope it's not a feeling about women in general, but even saying that, the language used to describe the woman in the article is beyond unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

old_aussie wrote: »
    Done good, screw the slut

Apparently thats exactly what the truck driver she met was doing:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I do hope it's not a feeling about women in general, but even saying that, the language used to describe the woman in the article is beyond unnecessary.

i agree some of it is OTT

If a guy had done this it would get a similar response.

I really can't imagine people standing idly by if a thread like this was in the Ladies Lounge, and female posters were calling a man a 'bastard/wanker/prick'.

EDIT : Look it's something I don't experience at all in my daily life so I find it a bit jarring to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I think he was right.

One top comment from that site - food for further thought:
    He indirectly did share it with her when he used 18.86€k to pay off their joint debts, so what more did she want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

davet82 wrote: »

If it was a man who cheated on his wife and then tried to rake her over the coals would you be objecting if we called him a scum of the earth asshole, bastard wanker, complete dickhead?

Or is it just that bad words used to descibe women are "worse" somehow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

It was his money so if he chose to spend it all, then fair enough. That said, I agree that the comments regarding the ex wife are totally OTT. This article tells us a few details about their short marriage, nothing more. It's a bit gullible to presume that there's not a whole lot more to the story than what we've been made aware of:rolleyes:

I really can't imagine people standing idly by if a thread like this was in the Ladies Lounge, and female posters were calling a man a 'bastard/wanker/prick'.

EDIT : Look it's something I don't experience at all in my daily life so I find it a bit jarring to be honest.

I'm not saying you should stand idly by. I'm just saying that you seem to be jumping to the conclusion that the people in this thread are making sexist comments about all women, when they are just giving out about the woman in the article.

It shows how two faced, selfish and heartless she is, something to be despised in both genders.

• Advertisement

kiffer wrote: »
    If it was a man who cheated on his wife and then tried to rake her over the coals would you be objecting if we called him a scum of the earth asshole, bastard wanker, complete dickhead?

I'd say bad words used to describe men would not be tolerated in a female forum.

I'm not saying you should stand idly by. I'm just saying that you seem to be jumping to the conclusion that the people in this thread are making sexist comments about all women, when they are just giving out about the woman in the article.

It shows how two faced, selfish and heartless she is, something to be despised in both genders.

I agree she is selfish and heartless, the rest of the language I don't agree with.

girlonfire wrote: »
    This article tells us a few details about their short marriage, nothing more. It's a bit gullible to presume that there's not a whole lot more to the story than what we've been made aware of:rolleyes:

Maybe so but we can only work with the facts we are given at any one time.

If you want to mount an investigation into their marriage and give me the full details afterwards then go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Wrong he had to do that, wrong that your wan could come after it.

Imagine they once loved each-other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

She sounds like a nasty piece of work. What neck trying to screw him for more money after getting the house etc. I know a few men who have had their lives ruined when they had the misfortune of marrying such vile women.

• Advertisement

I agree she is selfish and heartless, the rest of the language I don't agree with.

Well that's fair enough but boards isn't famous for it's polite language :D

Colmustard wrote: »

that a very jerry springer kinda final thought :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

She treated him dreadfully, disrespected him and cheated on him. He paid off her debt an spent money on their children. It takes one greedy bitch to come after him for more.

Dirty money grabbing slapper.

Colmustard wrote: »

Ok.

*scrunches up face*

Wow! They were so happy. That weekend in Paris is the stuff of classic romance.

If they can't make it what hope is there for any of us?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I didn't say earn it in a day. Just spend it.

Sssh! you're ruining my lame gag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

kiffer wrote: »

I'd say bad words used to describe men would not be tolerated in a female forum.

... So you would object to strong bad words being used to descibe men here in AH?

CL7 wrote: »
    Sssh! you're ruining my lame gag.

sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Its beyond right, its...what's beyond right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

guitarzero wrote: »

The Avengers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

guitarzero wrote: »

Stalin?

• Advertisement
Advertisement