Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Stock Exchange Feed

Options
  • 03-09-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I am looking for running data on the ISE and their website sends me to a German site where I can't find the data. There was a thread about this a few years ago but only got a couple of responses and none of them are great.
    Obviously some sort of API would be perfect but just getting the data in any format will do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I can visit ise.ie without getting redirected to a German site.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

I can visit ise.ie without getting redirected to a German site.

They link to the German site for this information, sorry for the confusion
    seamus wrote: »

I saw this and was hoping there was more information, is there anyway to get the data without paying for it? a financial site perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Dunno about the Irish exchange, but for bigger ones you can scrape yahoo or google. Failing that you have to pay big bucks to get access via Bloomberg etc.

Paying money is out of the question to be honest, some sort of website scraping is probably my best bet.

I've never done it before but looking at the yahoo site the data should be very easy to retrieve. I'm hoping to do it from a phone so that could make it a little harder.

• Advertisement

Not really. Scraping code in java for android is pretty much the same as regular java.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

pajunior wrote: »
    Paying money is out of the question to be honest, some sort of website scraping is probably my best bet.

I've never done it before but looking at the yahoo site the data should be very easy to retrieve. I'm hoping to do it from a phone so that could make it a little harder.

Or you could just use their API....

Hmm yeah they seem to have improved it since I last looked: http://www.gummy-stuff.org/Yahoo-data.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Oh, well now I feel a bit stupid. For some reason it never crossed my mind that yahoo might have an open api.

• Advertisement

Ah I think I remember why we used web scraping in the past, the API limits the number of calls you can make a day. Also it doesn't give any data on options (as in stock options, not api options :D).

edit: Ok now I see the link above shows how to get option data wtf... This must be new.

Has anyone ever used the Yahoo Query Language? Looks promising. http://developer.yahoo.com/yql/guide/index.html

Advertisement