Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot burn DVD from Sony Playmemories

• 03-09-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to burn DVD but it tells me I need to install Image Mastering API v2.0 for Windows XP

It directs me to microsoft website and asks me to download "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool"

When I try that it asks me for a verification code, I try to download the software to check that I have a genuine copy of Windows xp and it tells me that the software is out of date and get an updated version, things is it doesn't give me a link and I cannot find a new version of this on their website.

Any help please?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

vicwatson wrote: »
    Trying to burn DVD but it tells me I need to install Image Mastering API v2.0 for Windows XP

It directs me to microsoft website and asks me to download "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool"

When I try that it asks me for a verification code, I try to download the software to check that I have a genuine copy of Windows xp and it tells me that the software is out of date and get an updated version, things is it doesn't give me a link and I cannot find a new version of this on their website.

Any help please?

You will need to run Windows Update, this should update the component it's complaining about.

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

yoyo wrote: »
    You will need to run Windows Update, this should update the component it's complaining about.

Nick

Thanks Nick.

Where will I find windows update? on the microsoft website?

Thanks for help

Thanks Nick.

Where will I find windows update? on the microsoft website?

Thanks for help

On Windows XP going to www.windowsupdate.com will check for updates, make sure to use Internet Explorer. It won't work on other browsers!

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    On Windows XP going to www.windowsupdate.com will check for updates, make sure to use Internet Explorer. It won't work on other browsers!

Nick

Have tried and tried to go to this website on IE and it's taking forever and an age for the page to download, it starts hanging sometimes.

Any ideas why IE is taking soo long to download this page but will download my home page Yahoo fairly quickly?

Thanks

Have tried and tried to go to this website on IE and it's taking forever and an age for the page to download, it starts hanging sometimes.

Any ideas why IE is taking soo long to download this page but will download my home page Yahoo fairly quickly?

Thanks

No idea tbh, its a good idea to keep Windows up to date though, what service pack is on your machine? Service Pack 3 is the latest and should be installed (find out by pressing windows key and break). If you are on SP2, you can manually download the SP3 installer here

Nick

• Advertisement

Got it, seems like I had to update IE to IE 8 first !! Updates seem to be working now, fingers crossed !

Advertisement