Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AVB Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I always liked BAE. I'm more ridiculing the thought of a MOTM performance in the championship against a team who haven't been in the PL in years being used as an example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

AVB even money with PP to get the bullet.

I'd be shocked if Levy gets rid of him after letting him spend 100m!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not a chance in hell he'll be sacked. And rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

AVB even money with PP to get the bullet.

As I mentioned in the other thread, he was 11/1 yesterday!!

That's a massive market move, he's now in to 10/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

I hope not ,although we don't know what's going on behind the scenes I doubt the market has moved that much without talk from people at the club:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Levy is ruthless, there's no friends in football. If results & gutless performances continue on a downward spiral then he'll be shown the door. It's quite clear, Champions League or exit stage left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I agree, if we were to get hammered by Utd this weekend, and then continue with another 5 or 6 games where we don't show any improvements, not only will we be in the bottom half of the table but AVB will be on the way out. As Sugarlumps said, Levy is ruthless and although he undoubtedly wants AVB to succeed, I can't imagine he'll give him until the end of the season if things don't improve quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sure who would replace him? Alan Curbishley? Ian Holloway? There is no one at the right level unless some amazing offer is made to a rising star at some club in Spain/Germany.

mike65 wrote: »
    Sure who would replace him? Alan Curbishley? Ian Holloway? There is no one at the right level unless some amazing offer is made to a rising star at some club in Spain/Germany.

Can't we get both? What a dynamic duo that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

The sky is falling, lets sack our manager. All will then be well.

• Advertisement

Levy would have to pay up and try to get the next AVB ;) Seriously though, although I'd imagine everyone wants AVB to succeed, at what point does Levy call it quits? We're not quite in 'Ramos' form just yet, but if things don't improve and we don't start scoring some goals, we'll be adrift in mid-table with no chance of getting back up before the end of the season, especially considering the form of the other top 4 contenders.

Yep the majority would like him to succeed. I hate the managerial merry go round as would most? The players last Sunday for the most part looked like they didn't give a bóllocks.

I expect us to come out all guns ablazin against Utd, and for us to win. I'd like to see the captaincy given to someone else also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Trap is available........

Harry is second favourite at 5/1... Easy Money!!! :D:D

Haha imagine!! To be fair he'd probably do a job initially, but it would never happen. I really want AVB to succeed - I want him to be our manager for the next 10 years, but this is arguably his toughest ever test because from his point of view, if he doesn't make it work, after what happened at Chelsea, his managerial career could be cut short very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

If you didn't know the background and read this thread you would think we were flirting with relegation. Proper meltdown stuff! :o:o:D:D

If we win on Sunday people won't remember the City game. Move on, AVB will get it right, the players will 'gel' and we'll be stronger in the second half of the season.

Funny that some people want BAE back but give out that players didn't look arsed on Sunday. BAE is the personification of the casual footballer. Needs to be replaced, not reinstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

**** this lads, let's get behind our manager, would love to be going on Sunday, our supporters should be taking the roof off, make it one of those special atmospheres, difficult with it being an early kick off I know, but let's get behind our manager and team instead of the negative bullshi*, if we were another club, we'd be laughing at the supporters.

I want stability, not another fcuking change ffs, during the summer, we all (well most)thought the manager was great, slow start, a stuffing at City and all of a sudden, he's a clown....

Don't get wrong, I have dis-agreed with certain things he's done like not changing things quicker in games such as Newcastle at home, and not varying our play enough, but I'm hoping we'll improve, we have good players, not a squad full of tripe.

COYS

On a side note, i'm ****ing sick of Sunday games.

Betting on AVB to be sacked is now suspended... Mainly due to this article.. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/26/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-manager?CMP=twt_gu

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

The Guardian....sponsored by Paddy Power/William Hill/Ladbrokes !!!:P

• Advertisement

In Alex Ferguson's first season in charge of United they finished 11th. In his second season they hung around 5th and 6th until February, then went 2nd and stayed there for the rest of the season.

Teams take time to build and settle. Give AVB the time he deserves.

COYS!

That article is such utter bull****. Not a single quote from anyone, made up or not. Basically a list of things that haven't gone well, without talking about any of the positives. And there are positives, even if it doesn't seem that way at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

In Alex Ferguson's first season in charge of United they finished 11th. In his second season they hung around 5th and 6th until February, then went 2nd and stayed there for the rest of the season.

Teams take time to build and settle. Give AVB the time he deserves.

COYS!

In fairness things are a lot different today than they were back then, just saying...

Hatch99 wrote: »
    In fairness things are a lot different today than they were back then, just saying...

I'm just trying to put an optimistic spin on things, too much negativity around here since the City game.

I'm just trying to put an optimistic spin on things, too much negativity around here since the City game.
    Chicken-Little_Sky-is-Falling.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

If ever people have a reason to be negative it is after a 6-0 defeat. We spent 110m in the summer and lost by 6 goals. Why? Does anyone know why we were hammered/humiliated/beaten up last Sunday?
    Lets get behind the team and all that but lets not forget the embarrassment of the City game. Hopefully AVB can use that game to motivate the players into a better performance this Sunday. Its times like these that we will get to find out exactly what AVB is made of.

If ever people have a reason to be negative it is after a 6-0 defeat. We spent 110m in the summer and lost by 6 goals. Why? Does anyone know why we were hammered/humiliated/beaten up last Sunday?

You're right, but there's criticism and then there's negative over-reaction. There's been too much of the latter.

Put the 6-0 defeat in context. It came in a season which we have kept 13 clean sheets in 20 games. It also came against a side which put four past the Premier League Champions a few weeks before.

I'm not just making excuses. Can you see us being beaten 6-0 week in and week out? No. So people calling for AVB to be sacked and calling him 'clueless' is negative over-reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

You're right, but there's criticism and then there's negative over-reaction. There's been too much of the latter.

Put the 6-0 defeat in context. It came in a season which we have kept 13 clean sheets in 20 games. It also came against a side which put four past the Premier League Champions a few weeks before.

I'm not just making excuses. Can you see us being beaten 6-0 week in and week out? No. So people calling for AVB to be sacked and calling him 'clueless' is negative over-reaction.

He is definitely not clueless the opposite in fact. I think his problem may be that he overcomplicates things. He has a game plan and wants his players to stick to the way his sides play. Its a simple game eg At home play an extra man up front against the so called lesser sides. Its great saying we have 13 clean sheets from 20 ( do we really need to the meaningless Europa league games in stats) but my playing with such a cautious approach it is hindering our attacking play. 9 goals from 12 games - only 6 from open play says a lot. His stubborness/refusal to get away from one up top may be his downfall but i am hoping after his disastrous time at Chelsea that he will be more flexible.
    The problem he has now is one of motivation. They need to bounce back after lasts weeks humiliation. Lets hope AVB is the man to get them ready to tear into Man Utd on Sunday.
    I hope I am not coming across as too negative as I think AVB can become an excellent manager. Its up to him now to show us his tactical know how and his motivational abilities.
    COYS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

boooooooooring

Advertisement