Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AVB Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

He fairly put Ashton in his place, good on him! Hope this ends now and the press let him get on with his job.

"We is us. We are everybody at the club."

Quote of the year! Take a bow, André.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Fair play to him, superb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Lineker ya legend!!!

1470410_546250505468571_2108922868_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Did he not say a few days a day ago that such talk doesn't bother him? Or something to that effect? I understand where he's coming from, press are scum, they have a license to write any old shíte, but its a loosing battle to pick a fight against them. Presume he was also talking about fat Martin Samuleson? Things sure got heated.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Did he not say a few days a day ago that such talk doesn't bother him? Or something to that effect? I understand where he's coming from, press are scum, they have a license to write any old shíte, but its a loosing battle to pick a fight against them. Presume he was also talking about fat Martin Samuleson? Things sure got heated.

Ashton & Samuel yeah. He said he was immune to criticism, that didn't mean he doesn't accept people attacking his character as a person and professional. The Mail headlines were pure anti-AVB tripe. My only worry is that this is all the mail want, AVB to take the bait and create a story.

On the plus side, the way he spoke of 'we' and the performance today suggest this could be a turning point in our season. Let's hope the lads rally behind the manager. COYS

I think he's spot on to challenge them, why should he allow them write such stories without putting it up to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

have to say, it shows the class of the man and an intellect that you wouldn't find from many managers around. Putting the hacks back in their box face to face. With one of them being Redknapps ghost writers there couldn't be an agenda of any kind could there??

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

For Ashton to say "any of us could have done what he(AVB) did at Porto" is about as deluded as anything any writer has came out with in a long time.

He should be sacked from the mail.

Fair play AVB for showing some balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

AVB made his point very well. He's the bigger man in this so he should forget it and move on.

• Advertisement

Just ban them, problem solved.

well ere you have it as plan as day... theres an agenda because of harry redknapps sacking. The Hack claims that its all coming from the fans which is bull****e. Fair play to the sky sports anchor for going back to him on it... from 6mins on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaQL2jdYw6Q&feature=player_embedded#t=337

well ere you have it as plan as day... theres an agenda because of harry redknapps sacking. The Hack claims that its all coming from the fans which is bull****e. Fair play to the sky sports anchor for going back to him on it... from 6mins on

Jesus, bit of a witch hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Just ban them, problem solved.
    Ferguson did this don't see why the club can't I'd even have it go higher and have Levy come out and do it.

Good find, unbelievable that he admitted they don't like AVB because they have loyalty to Redknapp. Shows you why the FA steered clear of Harry!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I think AVB made a mistake yesterday. If he knows that some of the press are gunning for him then why give them more ammunition? He should have kept quiet. If ever there was a correct time to have a go at a manager it is after a 6-0 hammering. Its their job to praise managers when doing well and slaughter them when doing badly.
    If we hammered Man u yesterday then maybe AVB could use that to get back at the Mail reporters. But we didn't. We played very well and maybe should have won the game but it was not enough for him to bring up his argument with the Mail reporters.
    His comments puts more pressure on himself and the players. Say we fail to beat Fulham or Sunderland they are going to really go for him. He stated before that he does not pay any attention to the press/criticism but he clearly does. His petty arguments with the gutter press should not affect our team.

He stated before that he does not pay any attention to the press/criticism but he clearly does. His petty arguments with the gutter press should not affect our team.

there's a diff to criticism and mis-quoting what he said to suit an obvious agenda. Its basically defamatory for the daily mail to say that he said he was 'ashamed of his players' when its clear that is not what he said. He was right to pull up the hacks responsible and call them up on it. It was very strange to see a Portuguese football coach having to explain the difference between the singular and the collective in the english language.

I wouldn't ban them to be honest. In saying that, I think the manager was spot on. Challenge the fcukers and let them know they can't treat him, the players or the club the way they have. Some say he's fighting a losing battle, maybe he is, but start getting good results and don't give them the reason to write such tripe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

When you see and read this kind of shyte you would wish for AVB to do really well and bury these guys for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Hatch99 wrote: »

Love it just goes to show what kind of a dick Ashton is .Im glad AVB put him in his place yesterday.

I'd love the fans to embrace the 'we are us' statement... A classic retro banner made from a bedsheet with it scrawled on it at craven cottage would look deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

I'd love the fans to embrace the 'we are us' statement... A classic retro banner made from a bedsheet with it scrawled on it at craven cottage would look deadly

Spurs away fans with a banner? Not in a million years :D;)

Bah39F_CIAEtHWS.jpg

Well that didn't take long, I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Bah39F_CIAEtHWS.jpg

where do we get 1 of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Not a Spurs fan(A United fan actually). Just wanted to say I've always liked AVB and thought his press conference was quality. "We is us."

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

We is Us.
    #loveit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Luis Suarez has now scored more goals than Tottenham Hotspur this season.

Massive game on the 15th now.

At the start of the season I half expected us to finish behind arsenal, were used to that. If we finish outside top 4 I'll be gutted but if we finish behind Liverpool, I'll never be able to deal with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Hopefully the pressure moves on to Moyes with their second home defeat in a row

Advertisement