Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AVB Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

tom1ie wrote: »
    agreed but hes one of the best man managers out there and he got great results.

Really, he wanted to sell Bale at one stage, our old director of football said that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Really, he wanted to sell Bale at one stage, our old director of football said that
    yeah cause the director of football wouldn't be trying to pass the buck or anything...............:rolleyes: countless players that have played under him have said hes a quality operator and gets the best outta them compare that to avb and I just don't see avb as on the same level

Ah come on. You do not honestly believe we should sack AVB and ask Harry back? You do not see that as a step backwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Some of you seem to be ignoring the fact that we sold one of the best players in the world... The most expensive player in the history of the game. Of course it's going to be a step backwards trying to replace the irreplaceable. Instead we have to bed in a heap of players getting used to a system and a league they ain't used to. It will take time but our fans, like many have no patience... Instead some are bringing Harry redknapp into the conversation which serves no purpose whatsoever... Was it PSG who here in for Harry during the summer? No alas he was busy trying to patch up another club he helped relegate while authorizing 100k a week for players like samba....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Jaysus stop banging on about Bale. Got nothing to do with our predicament. We didn't have a single shot on target yesterday against an ordinary Liverpool side. 16 games in and the football is pants.

They'll be plenty more hidings this year and none given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I wouldnt go anywhere near MR Redknapp ever again. But something needs to change here. We havent played a decent game since we Beat Man utd at old trafford last summer. Bale papered over the cracks by scoring bags full of wonderful goals, so to say we've been terrible for 16 games is far from thr truth. As a football supporter i want to be entertained when watching my team play, Theres no question of never supporting my beloved Spurs but i cant watch us play anymore. Its a waste of time. Boring and horrible to watch. Wheres the entertainment. Where is the ambition from this team.

IS AVb going to change his style, I doubt it. Is or has he shown any tactical genius? I can only remeber losing at Aresenal where adebayor got sent off and he switched to 3 at the back and we made a good fist of it. Other than that he swaps like for like players and the opposition know excatly what we will do.

I, like many, Really want AVB to Succeed. He's had time and i dont buy the bedding in arugument. Look at Evertons news way of playing? I want to be eneteratined and enjoy watching spurs otherwise what is the point. Playing like this we might as well watch Cricket

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

AVB sacked according to BBC and SKY Sports news..........

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Holy ****

Right who do we get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ah bugger :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Feel sorry for AVB but he was just to rigid tactically, and very defensive in his dealings with the media

I’d say Klinsmann would be a good bet, if we could get him. Also, I think Keane would be a fantastic choice (just throwing that out there!)

I do not want Di Matteo or Capello. And I certainly don’t want Redknapp back.

Rodgers or Martinez would have been great choices at different times.

Current Prem League managers – Laudrup would be my pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

What are we going to do now! I for one do not blame him at all and am so sad to see him go. He is the fall guy for what is going on behind the scenes with Levy/Baldini.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Steve Clarke, better than most and plays good football

I'd settle for De Boer in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'd like DeBoer too. Ajax out of the Champions League, can we not get him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Does it really matter who we get in... all the top managers are either in better jobs or about to make a team into a world cup. Another transitional manager beckons.

SAF is about the only manager I could get excited about. And there's about as much chance of that as me stepping foot on the moon on christmas day

I'd like DeBoer too. Ajax out of the Champions League, can we not get him now?

Doubt he'd leave them high and dry mid season

Ajax hadn't won the league title for SEVEN years, until he came in. They've won it three out of three times since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I have a feeling Baldini has sounded out Capello for the job and Levy probably had him on notice. The results just weren't coming and we can't keep a £30m signing in Lamela on the bench. Plus consistently playing 4-5-1 at home.

I feel for AVB, the media will tear him to shreds now. Imagine we laughed when Liverpool appointed Rodgers:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Hoddle anyone? Maybe been out of the managerial game too long though.
    Under no circumstances Harry!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

The question has to be asked: what will a new manager do differently? Are we saying that the reason for our results recently is entirely down to AVB? This is clearly not the case:

According to reports, he had no say in the spending of the Bale money

Yesterday we had a makeshift defence to say the least

To be honest, the only real fault I could see with AVB was the continued tactic of playing a high line in defence.

How the hell is a new manager going to radically change the team? Foolish, foolish move by Levy in my opinion.

• Advertisement

I have a feeling Baldini has sounded out Capello for the job and Levy probably had him on notice. The results just weren't coming and we can't keep a £30m signing in Lamela on the bench. Plus consistently playing 4-5-1 at home.

Is Capello not quite defensive? Also, he's got the World Cup around the corner, the oligarchs will be throwing money at him.

I feel for AVB, the media will tear him to shreds now. Imagine we laughed when Liverpool appointed Rodgers:o:o

this just about sums up the football knowledge of spurs supporters.

Neil Warnock is free at present, could be a good bet for you.

p.s. rumours last night that Hoddle was being lined up to take over

Rodgers is a clown. They are doing great now, but he'll be found out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

this just about sums up the football knowledge of spurs supporters.

Why is that? I know many Liverpool fans who were uncertain over Rodgers last season and are very surprised at their very good start to this season.

One thing is for sure - there will be no work done today!:D

Rodgers is a clown. They are doing great now, but he'll be found out eventually.

5 NIL

In your own back yard, there again you could be right Big Sam orchestrated a 3 Nil win there are well

I am old enough to remember when we beat you 7-0 back in the late 70's :D

5 NIL

In your own back yard, there again you could be right Big Sam orchestrated a 3 Nil win there are well

I am old enough to remember when we beat you 7-0 back in the late 70's :D

Brillant result and performance by liverpool, could have been 7 or 8-nil.
    I was at Anfield in Feb and you'se where great that day to. But if liverpool win the league with Rodgers, I'll eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Dave Jones from SSN's says on twitter that he was told that AVB wanted to leave a few weeks ago because he was so unhappy at the situation..

oppiuy wrote: »
    Dave Jones from SSN's says on twitter that he was told that AVB wanted to leave a few weeks ago because he was so unhappy at the situation..

Wow, that's pretty amazing when you think about it. If its true, AVB might come out of this with some of his reputation intact.

• Advertisement

Brillant result and performance by liverpool, could have been 7 or 8-nil.
    I was at Anfield in Feb and you'se where great that day to. But if liverpool win the league with Rodgers, I'll eat my hat.

Its not beyond the realms that Citeh are expected to win now and only expect the challenge from Chelsea and Arsenal, we could sneak in un-noticed ;) Also we need to spend in January and who knows who we may get

I expect city to win the league, head and shoulders above the rest imo, Chelsea have issues up front and at the back and I think Arsenal will show them up when they play them, cant see utd challenging (famous last words)
    Spurs could challenge if they get the right manager, have always felt that eventually the squad would settle eventually

Advertisement