Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AVB Thread

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

awkwardboy wrote: »
    Hoddle anyone? Maybe been out of the managerial game too long though.
    Under no circumstances Harry!

Hoddle, yeah sure If all else fails, he'll say a few prayers and say Adebayor must've been handicapped in a past life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Hoddle, yeah sure If all else fails, he'll say a few prayers and say Adebayor must've been handicapped in a past life

Seen that tweet last night where Assou was teaching him how to count to 5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

oppiuy wrote: »
    Dave Jones from SSN's says on twitter that he was told that AVB wanted to leave a few weeks ago because he was so unhappy at the situation..

what situation?the players bought,the media on his case or the fact every player looks lost and we get ripped apart.5-0 to Liverpool at home is a joke.they're not Barcelona,they're our top 4 competition.we'd 3 internationals in midfield yesterday and were taken asunder by Allen,Lucas and Henderson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can't be long 'till Moyes comes available, why don't we just hang around until then - legit post on facebook. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

what situation?the players bought,the media on his case or the fact every player looks lost and we get ripped apart.5-0 to Liverpool at home is a joke.they're not Barcelona,they're our top 4 competition.we'd 3 internationals in midfield yesterday and were taken asunder by Allen,Lucas and Henderson

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/12/09/4465213/villas-boas-tottenham-future-still-in-doubt-as-levy-tensions?ICID=CP_105

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Another young promising manager swallowed up by the premier league. Will take a lot of luck to rebuild his reputation again.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Time for Levy to go too. We will never be contenders with Levy at the helm of the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

BBC Sport's David Ornstein says: "Tim Sherwood will take charge of Tottenham for Wednesday's League Cup quarter-final at home to West Ham following the departure of manager Andre Villas-Boas.

"Sherwood, 44, is currently in charge of technical co-ordination at White Hart Lane and, although he is highly regarded by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, any extended period in charge of the first team is only expected to be on an interim basis.

"Tottenham have not put a timescale on their search for a successor to Villas-Boas, whose exit was agreed during a meeting with Levy at the club's Enfield training ground on Monday morning."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Good luck Sherwood, interesting to see how he has us lined out on Wednesday. Pity it's not on the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Really dissapointed it didn't work out, good luck AVB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

A really good piece on the background of the Levy/AVB relationship in tomorrow's Telegraph. If it's all to be believed you can see how he was very unlucky to be sacked - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10521678/Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-Levy-and-manager-Andre-Villas-Boas-had-become-distant.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Second time I'm on holidays and manager gets sacked. Gran canaries for Jol and now Fiji for AVB. Levy has his timing....

Calls for levy to go are spot on. At the point now where I despise the bald twat. Was really hoping AVB would be that long lasting manager we needed and now look.

Who in their right mind would want that job?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Only in a PAST life?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

irishmover wrote: »
    Second time I'm on holidays and manager gets sacked. Gran canaries for Jol and now Fiji for AVB. Levy has his timing....

Calls for levy to go are spot on. At the point now where I despise the bald twat. Was really hoping AVB would be that long lasting manager we needed and now look.

Who in their right mind would want that job?

Fiji? Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

The thing about AVB is that I think we all liked him because he genuinely seemed to care about the club, the players and the future. Unlike the bloke he replaced.

It's just unfortunate that this passion he had for the club did not play out on to the pitch. The matches were tough to watch, we never looked like we were going to trounce any team three or four nil and in the end I guess the players picked up on the disappointment of the fans.

Something had to change. I really wish it could have been AVB's tactics but I guess the board felt that it is unlikely that AVB was going to change his style, so the next best option was to change the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

The thing about AVB is that I think we all liked him because he genuinely seemed to care about the club, the players and the future. Unlike the bloke he replaced.

It's just unfortunate that this passion he had for the club did not play out on to the pitch. The matches were tough to watch, we never looked like we were going to trounce any team three or four nil and in the end I guess the players picked up on the disappointment of the fans.

Something had to change. I really wish it could have been AVB's tactics but I guess the board felt that it is unlikely that AVB was going to change his style, so the next best option was to change the manager.

Good post.
    Everyone wanted AVB to succeed even those who didn't want him as manager in the first place. Records points total last season and 100m spent in the summer and it was looking good.
    But something went wrong. Either AVB did not get the players he wanted or he was unable to get these players to play in his style. His stubbornness to adapt with the resources at hand ultimately cost him his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

We'd all have passion but we employed AVB cos he was allegedly a modern forward thinking manager (unlike the last lad ;)). His selections and refusal to learn from his mistakes were the cause of his demise. No one to blame but himself.

Advertisement