Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AVB Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

iXJI4nxmxVfaF.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

No one more delighted than me but ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq5m9FqBwpw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Long may it last.

Nobody mention the fact that he pulled a similar stunt with chelsea last season (he didn't win but went for it ) and was promptly sacked shortly after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Players (Brad and Walker) came out rubbishing reports of player unrest which is great to see :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

can we close this thread now please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

can we close this thread now please?

Why! Don't you like a contradictory opinion. Are you a sheep (like the mod on this forum who does understand the words moderation and without bias. There's your excuse to ban me i e. Personal abuse as you call it or opinion as its known. ) Let me remind you that this is the only time we've played well this season. Close this thread in march when we're 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I actually thought we've played very well several times this season best performances are Newcastle, Lazio and United.

Only real issue is that we keep conceeding goals but I think we are playing well biggest problem is getting the crowd onside at the lane I think that's why we are playing better away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

this thread should have been closed before it was opened in the first place... undermining the manager of the club we all love before he's been given any kind of a decent chance. He has lost 1 game in 8, yet there are still people questioning whether he 'has a clue'? He already has more away wins for us in 2012 than redknapp ....
    stupid thread in my honest opinion, and why would I be referred to as a sheep? who am I meant to be following

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Why!

I liked your comment because I agree with you, it's good to have two opposing sides in an 'argument'.

Though the title of the thread is a bit over the top and controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

this thread should have been closed before it was opened in the first place... undermining the manager of the club we all love before he's been given any kind of a decent chance. He has lost 1 game in 8, yet there are still people questioning whether he 'has a clue'? He already has more away wins for us in 2012 than redknapp ....
    stupid thread in my honest opinion, and why would I be referred to as a sheep? who am I meant to be following
    That's a phenomenal stat. Even reading through match threads it's painfully obvious how fickle the majority of soccer fans are, people today on Twitter saying Fergie should get the sack... Baffling to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Here Precious

Saab Ed , you own AVB a big apology.

In AVB we trust.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Let me remind you that this is the only time we've played well this season. Close this thread in march when we're 3rd.

Let me remind you that you've been putting AVB down before we'd even played a game, people were saying give him time but all you could say was that he was the next ramos...now you want time to prove your point? :pac: absolutely priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I don think that 20 internet weirdo's from ireland voicing their opinion is going to have any effect either way on whether he succeeds or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Saab Ed, open your eyes

Nobody is saying AVB is the messiah, but we've just won 3 on the bounce (including Man Utdaway). We're clearly going places with this team.

Get behind the manager and enjoy the ride

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Get behind the manager and enjoy the ride

I tried that in the office last week. She was not impressed!!

On a serious note I think we can see the makings of a great team emerging. We have the parts and they are slowly starting to gel. It's not an exact science and takes time but I believe in the team and manager and think that we are on to something!! Time will tell I guess!! In the meantime I think it prudent we all get behind them and show more positivity!!

That last line is also my defence in my meeting with manager tomorrw.hope she likes that sorta thing!!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I love that in this very thread were discussing things the day after weve beaten Utd away. Spot on Saab:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

what a win! suffering today, will be sucking on pillow all day long!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

While I don't think beating Utd is enough to say that everything is rosy, we can definitely see that the team is improving. That's the game that we would have always lost in the past, and beating that awful record will be a massive boost for the team.

Onwards and upwards i say. I doubt any of the doubters will be disappointed if they are proven wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I am maintaining my 100% record. I was delighted when the likes of Hoddle and Ardiles are appointed and disgusted with Redknapp and AVB. It's good to be so knowledgable, not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Hatch99 wrote: »
    sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

Childish, every one is entitled to their opinion without being subjected to that juvenile tripe when a point is proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Childish, every one is entitled to their opinion without being subjected to that juvenile tripe when a point is proven.

:D are you for real.... or do you really like fish :rolleyes:
    If I'd wanted to, I'd have deleted the thread, so keep on jogging....

• Advertisement

:D are you for real.... or do you really like fish :rolleyes:
    If I'd wanted to, I'd have deleted the thread, so keep on jogging....

I dont care what you could do if you wanted to, its still childish.

I dont care what you could do if you wanted to, its still childish.

I was making the point that if I wanted to, i'd have deleted this ridiculous thread from the off, but I didn't, yet I'm being the one accused of being childish for my posts :D love it, keep on going man.

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

You dont think that was childish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Kiith wrote: »
    Onwards and upwards i say. I doubt any of the doubters will be disappointed if they are proven wrong :)

Agree 100% I'm a doubter, even after yesterday ;), but what Spurs supporter worth his salt wouldn't be delighted if AVB proves to be the greatest manager we've had since Harry Rednapp Keith Burkinshaw?

You dont think that was childish?

Not one bit baby

Not one bit baby

Hahaha, i can actually believe that you didnt think it was childish now. Ah well.

:D:D:D

300px-Deepsea.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I enjoyed this read very much.

http://harry-hotspur.com/2012/11/bad-news-for-avb-haters/?
    Good morning.
    This from a proven decent source and bound to irritate the hell out of the naysayers, bedwetters and other lingering Arryites. It’s my understanding that Andre Villas-Boas’ position at the club is very much secure. For how long? Well not just this season but the next one too.
    This considerable support is conditional of course. If the boss were to be linked with a vacancy elsewhere and suddenly went missing, spent his day whoring himself to the press, neglecting his THFC duties or otherwise managed to drive us into the relegation zone then you can guarantee he’d be toast.
    But the plan as I understand it is to factor in Boas’ resources, review what support the Club can offer and to forge a path that will offer longevity.
    Will this initiative designed to offer stability please those that claim to wish Spurs well but not the manager? Who cares. At this rate QPR will be back in the Championship next season and there are bound to be openings for supporters who want to sit in cosy, old fashioned stadium telling each other how staunch they are.
    The worst thing that happened in recent times to this club was Arry screwing us over so blatantly after giving us a taste of Champions League football. Suddenly too many clowns believe it’s a god given right and have been acting like outraged consumers ever since. Spoiled children each and every one. Empty seats at Europa games and only boos to break the frosty silence during league games.
    The very idea that you can separate your support for the Club and the manager is beyond parody. Oh, of course unless you’re following the Blackburn Rovers model.

Yet some still think he should be judged over 6/7 games and then thrown out..beggars belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Most pessimists said he was a terrible man manager, JD on Friday:

"Away from football, as a person, he is a top guy, a really nice guy. After every session he will come into the changing room or treatment room and go to every player to see if you are OK. 'How do you feel? How's your legs?' General chit chat. He will do it with every player, every day," he explains. "Even when I was away with England he will send me a message sometimes – 'Good luck. How's the game?' Stuff like that. When you have got a manager like that you want to play for him and do well."

For Defoe, first impressions have had a lasting impact. Villas-Boas was unequivocal about his plans for Defoe from day one. "In pre-season obviously there was a lot of speculation about me and whether I was going to stay or leave, and I had a meeting with him and he said: 'I want you to stay. Last season you should have played a lot more than you did. I was watching the games, the goals you scored. A player of your quality, I need you at the club.' For me that was such a big thing.

"It's always difficult for a manager coming into such a big club," Defoe continues. "Obviously it's difficult for André because he was at Chelsea and things weren't great there. He's come to Tottenham and everybody's looking at him. Even before the season started a lot of people were doubting him, which was harsh. You've got to give everybody an opportunity. What he has done so far has been brilliant. All the lads love him. He's got great ideas. He's really organised."

Advertisement