Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AVB Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Another late goal - we've really turned around our performances in the last 20 minutes of games compared to earlier on in the season. Credit to AVB for that.

Also, credit to him for the substitutions tonight. Considering the absolute paucity of options available to him I thought all three subs made good contributions when they came on. Siggy was lively, almost scoring a long range one then getting a scrappy one. Carroll on for Dembele was a brave call, but he was tidy and kept the ball moving when he saw it. Livermore was energetic and tidy in possession at a time when it was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Another late goal - we've really turned around our performances in the last 20 minutes of games compared to earlier on in the season. Credit to AVB for that.

Also, credit to him for the substitutions tonight. Considering the absolute paucity of options available to him I thought all three subs made good contributions when they came on. Siggy was lively, almost scoring a long range one then getting a scrappy one. Carroll on for Dembele was a brave call, but he was tidy and kept the ball moving when he saw it. Livermore was energetic and tidy in possession at a time when it was needed.
    I thought Carroll was great so tidy and not afraid to just pass instead of running with it.

Livermore was good scrappy hardworking when he came on but also passed well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

tumblr_misra4ZOLa1qe0saso4_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I'm not a fan of AVB, I never have and I never will be. He hasn't done anything to prove that he is right for Spurs.

lol jk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

The more I see from AVB and the more I learn about his methods the more convinced I am that he is the man who we should aiming to keep for a long time.

So many parts of our game have improved this season.

1) The quality of our possession has come on leaps and bounds(despite losing our 2 best playmakers)

2) We are more solid at the back(despite not having Kaboul and Benny, barring 3 games). We are also defending a different way and after a dodgy first 4/5 games which is to be expected the back 4(whoever plays) looks solid and the understanding between all 7/8 of them is there

3) He has without a doubt given the players the confidence to go out thinking they can beat anyone if they play THEIR own game. Under redknapp it would be something like 'if we play the perfect game, get a bit of luck we might have a chance'. Whereas with AVB from what he says in the press the players seem bigger on the pitch and more confident of getting a result.

4) We are so much more dominant in the middle of the park it is really refreshing. We are winning more balls in the air and more importantly (IMO) we are winning so many more second balls which gives us the chance to attack teams before they are set up.

The man, in the space of 8 months, has changed our formation, system (both attacking and defensive), blended Dembele, Lloris, Vertz and Dempsey well into the squad. Considering how many game these guys have played it is a brilliant piece of management. Of course he must have a great back room staff and theres no way its all his own doing but again those people are his choices to fit his system.

With all the players coming and going and some peoples doubts about how good a manager he actually is I would have been happy to be in 6th place at this stage.......

but oh wait were third!

Thats enough brown nosing but in my eyes hes barely put a foot wrong all season.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    The more I see from AVB and the more I learn about his methods the more convinced I am that he is the man who we should aiming to keep for a long time.

So many parts of our game have improved this season.

1) The quality of our possession has come on leaps and bounds(despite losing our 2 best playmakers)

2) We are more solid at the back(despite not having Kaboul and Benny, barring 3 games). We are also defending a different way and after a dodgy first 4/5 games which is to be expected the back 4(whoever plays) looks solid and the understanding between all 7/8 of them is there

3) He has without a doubt given the players the confidence to go out thinking they can beat anyone if they play THEIR own game. Under redknapp it would be something like 'if we play the perfect game, get a bit of luck we might have a chance'. Whereas with AVB from what he says in the press the players seem bigger on the pitch and more confident of getting a result.

4) We are so much more dominant in the middle of the park it is really refreshing. We are winning more balls in the air and more importantly (IMO) we are winning so many more second balls which gives us the chance to attack teams before they are set up.

The man, in the space of 8 months, has changed our formation, system (both attacking and defensive), blended Dembele, Lloris, Vertz and Dempsey well into the squad. Considering how many game these guys have played it is a brilliant piece of management. Of course he must have a great back room staff and theres no way its all his own doing but again those people are his choices to fit his system.

With all the players coming and going and some peoples doubts about how good a manager he actually is I would have been happy to be in 6th place at this stage.......

but oh wait were third!

Thats enough brown nosing but in my eyes hes barely put a foot wrong all season.

Some good points there and echo all of it. However as I said in another thread, To the media top 6 won't be good enough. It'll be rated as 'blowing it' if it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    So you all still split on AVB?

Still happy he's gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

irishmover wrote: »
    Some good points there and echo all of it. However as I said in another thread, To the media top 6 won't be good enough. It'll be rated as 'blowing it' if it happened.

I meant that top 6 at the start of the season would have done for me. Right now I see it as 5th place would be blowing it. Regardless of whose behind us we should be looking at our own game (which AVB clearly focuses on).

7 wins and a draw please Andre

Only one man I ever wanted back and that's Jose.
    Carlo If that proved impossible.
    AVB didnt suit Chelsea,but will be interesting to see how he fares come the end of season with ye

Chelsea didn't suit AVB.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

AVB didnt suit Chelsea

Ah, but then, who does? :)

Ah, but then, who does? :)

Aye. We shall be thankful to Abramovich for being an awful idiot of a man. AVB would have cost us a pretty penny if we wanted him while he was a Porto. May well not happen but what a story it would be for him personally if Spurs finished ahead of Chelsea.

anyway enough about that joke of a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Jose without Romans meddling

Thats a fairly big "without" though !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Jose without Romans meddling

So, no one :)

• Advertisement

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/im-rooting-andre-villas-boas-lead-1733561

The Mirror just went up a notch in my books. Now -50654.

Ledley King -

@ManpreetJ18: @BarclaysFooty do u think AVB is the right man to take the club to the next level?

@BarclaysFooty: @ManpreetJ18 I would say yes, he's doing a great job. He's young, passionate and just what we need #NorthLondonDerby - Ledley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

“Harry was more ‘go out there and play how you feel and express yourself’. With Andre, there’s a certain shape and a style we play.

“I think Harry was more free and let you do what you want. Andre does that too, but there’s a lot more tactical work.

“I think it’s something that’s good to learn. We’ve done well this year and I think that’s down to our defending as well as attacking.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

UH OH......

BERY3-9CYAAIqiN.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Last time AVB won manager of the month we went on a slump of three draws, right?

BTW, congrats to him. He deserves it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Thoroughly deserved for both, kiss of death those trophies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Delighted for them both, and thoroughly deserved.

@SpursStatMan: Spurs have now set a club record of 54 points after 28 Premier League matches.

Looks like master stroke by Levy... Just imagine the headlines if Spurs get second this season... My god..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

now where is that 'AVB hasn't a clue' thread that was floating about earlier in the season?

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Saab Ed is on the arsenal page in the general soccer forum telling the fans how good AVB is. I kid you not. I had to read it twice to be sure !!!!

Advertisement