Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard of GAA in Perth

Options
  • 03-09-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi Lads

Just a quick one to say that the standard of GAA (Football) in Perth at the moment is fantastic

Was out yesterday and the games on show would top any at home in Ireland.

Even the intermediate Championship here is better than most Senior Champs back at home ( Intermediate, but mostly lads who played Senior at home and are up in mines and too busy in the city to always make training)

Anyone have anything to add?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I don't see as many county jerseys been worn around the CBD at the weekends and I'm disappointed. Come on lads, let the locals see that it's not all just about puking, fighting and anti social behaviour and that there's actually a sport involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Are you from Carlow carlowperth? that might explain why you think the standard is as good as Senior level back home..no offence, ha:D

I won a minor Ulster medal with Donegal in 2006 and won a senior club championship and I would say the Perth standard is no were near senior club standard in Donegal, but it is very competitative.

Also the cheap beer at the ground is a major reason why I go..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭FunkyDa2

catbear wrote: »
    I don't see as many county jerseys been worn around the CBD at the weekends and I'm disappointed. Come on lads, let the locals see that it's not all just about puking, fighting and anti social behaviour and that there's actually a sport involved!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CarlowPerth

I dont see what the big deal is about a man wearing a jersey hes been wearing his whole life once he gets to Aus

Would we tell the Aussies to leave the Billabong and AFL jerseys at home if they all came over to us?

Advertisement