Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was in your student goody bag?

Options
  • 03-09-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Omg - lovin my student goody bag. PC World bag containing: Pot noodle, vitamin tablets, chicken soup, crunchy nut cornflakes, Kellogg's squares bar, mints, a badge, join gym for €80 a year - awesome, how to get a credit card, 30% off laptops at Currys, Student Union handbook, durex, orgasm enhancing gel, unplanned pregnancy leaflet, Clean & Clear exfoliating daily wash sample and The Daily Star newspaper :D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

scoob70 wrote: »
    Omg - lovin my student goody bag. PC World bag containing: Pot noodle, vitamin tablets, chicken soup, crunchy nut cornflakes, Kellogg's squares bar, mints, a badge, join gym for €80 a year - awesome, how to get a credit card, 30% off laptops at Currys, Student Union handbook, durex, orgasm enhancing gel, unplanned pregnancy leaflet, Clean & Clear exfoliating daily wash sample and The Daily Star newspaper :D.

Lol you will look good and be protected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

ha yeah pretty much the same stuff, pot noodle and protection had to laugh :D didcha get your note for btea scoob? i totally forgot to ask about it have to wait till im back up there again

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

ha yeah pretty much the same stuff, pot noodle and protection had to laugh :D didcha get your note for btea scoob? i totally forgot to ask about it have to wait till im back up there again

No - guna ring the IT this afternoon and try and get one. Did you have a ride on the bull? lol

No - guna ring the IT this afternoon and try and get one. Did you have a ride on the bull? lol

Ha no i didnt would have been to embarrest to give it ago :-P did you? ya ive to sort that stuff out aswell mite leave it till monday tho, im glad i done the yolke online it seemed to reduce the time waiting to register

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Hey, registered in IT sligo today and I'm presuming that as I got the same goodie bag and there was a bull, which I didn't go on either, Ye are going there too! lol I asked about getting a letter for the btea and was told that they are sending out letters to everyone on Friday to say that they had registered! :D
    What subjects are ye doing?

• Advertisement

No Badger I gave the bull a wide berth too ;).

Hi Seb thanx for the info on the letters for Friday. Hopefully that's enough to claim BTEA. I'm doing Higher Cert. in Science. What course are you on?

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    Hey, registered in IT sligo today and I'm presuming that as I got the same goodie bag and there was a bull, which I didn't go on either, Ye are going there too! lol I asked about getting a letter for the btea and was told that they are sending out letters to everyone on Friday to say that they had registered! :D
    What subjects are ye doing?

cheers for that seb thats good news about the letter, was deciding weather to go to the college again to get that letter or not, that makes it handier :)
    i had a look at the time table for the year and its seems im doing chemistry biology,maths and and Osh enquiry learning, im excited nervous at the same time, but hopefully that will pass after the settling in period, how bout you ?

No Badger I gave the bull a wide berth too ;).

Hi Seb thanx for the info on the letters for Friday. Hopefully that's enough to claim BTEA. I'm doing Higher Cert. in Science. What course are you on?

:)

jesus higher cert in science, smarty pants!! :D

No prob! Well the letter I got from welfare said that I needed a letter to say that I am registered full time student for them to switch me over. Hopefully, it'll be enough for the welfare.
    I'm doing the hons accounting. Actually, can not wait to get started. Just to get a proper routine going and use the aul grey matter! lol:D

:)

jesus higher cert in science, smarty pants!! :D

Sounds like you're on a bit of a smarty pants course yourself with chemistry, biology and maths :). What kind of work do you wana go into Badger?

• Advertisement

I'm doing the hons accounting. Actually, can not wait to get started. Just to get a proper routine going and use the aul grey matter! lol:D

Well I think doing an accounting degree will certainly blow the cobwebs away Seb;). Let us know if you get a letter on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

D you plan on using everyone of these goodies:D especially the orgasm enhancing gel :cool:. btw I got none in ucc

D you plan on using everyone of these goodies:D especially the orgasm enhancing gel :cool:. btw I got none in ucc

Absolutely. And probably in that order too :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

I hope the instructions are clear and not misunderstood in the handbook.

Ah college, they start you off with Pot noodle and orgasm gel!! :cool: It's al about the education!
    I'd say it will blow the cobwebs off certainly Scoob! lol My timetable looks good aswell. Seems we may have Fridays off! :D

Sounds like you're on a bit of a smarty pants course yourself with chemistry, biology and maths :). What kind of work do you wana go into Badger?

i wish i was scoob, havent done any of those subjects before ever apart from maths of course, i suck at math so im gona be in the library at those math help things in the library i think, to be honest scoob im not sure where this will take me so ill just go with the flow and see what comes yano :)

Ah college, they start you off with Pot noodle and orgasm gel!! :cool: It's al about the education!
    I'd say it will blow the cobwebs off certainly Scoob! lol My timetable looks good aswell. Seems we may have Fridays off! :D

yeah i noticed we have friday off aswell!! its too good to be true, i sure hope it is tho :D:D:D

Mmmm - a bit confused by my timetable cause there's a group A and group B so not sure which one I'll be in yet. One I'm off Fridays (which would be good for a job :D) and the other I'm in for an hour on Fridays.

ill just go with the flow and see what comes yano :)
    Sounds a good plan Badger. I've recently done Biology, Maths and IT but no nothing about Chemistry or Physics (well maybe up to junior cert level :o). I was doing the new project maths last year but I'm sure the science maths is gunna be all different again. As long as we stay on top of the work and take advantage of any extra help thats available we should sail through. IT Sligo obviously gave you a place Badger because they thought you were capable of doing the course so no worries and enjoy. I've already meet one of the tutors I'll be with on open day and she's lovely. Really looking forward to Monday :D:D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Aganica

What was in your student goody bag.

3.5 grams of skunk:D

• Advertisement

Aganica wrote: »
    3.5 grams of skunk:D

NICE! :cool: - something to help ease you into the course no doubt ;) lol.

/sounds a good plan Badger. I've recently done Biology, Maths and IT but no nothing about Chemistry or Physics (well maybe up to junior cert level :o). I was doing the new project maths last year but I'm sure the science maths is gunna be all different again. As long as we stay on top of the work and take advantage of any extra help thats available we should sail through. IT Sligo obviously gave you a place Badger because they thought you were capable of doing the course so no worries and enjoy. I've already meet one of the tutors I'll be with on open day and she's lovely. Really looking forward to Monday :D:D.

Thats the right way tao be thinkin scoob. roll on monday and any challenges that may lay ahead! Good luck everyone!!!

No letter today, will see if I get it on Monday and if not then I will talk to them when I'm in for induction!
    Have to say am a little worried about the Maths myself but will just do as ye said and Go with the flow! :) If I get stuck I'll ask for help with it.
    I'm not 100% on this scoob but heard that if you ask to be in certain group on Monday for reasons like work they will try to accommodate you. Might be worth a go.

I'm not 100% on this scoob but heard that if you ask to be in certain group on Monday for reasons like work they will try to accommodate you. Might be worth a go.

You know think I'll do that cause I really am seeking part-time work. They can only say no. Will post up if I get the letter too :).

Hi all, I got my letter today to say that I am a registered full time student! :D Off the to social welfare offices today to give it to them for the btea! Did anyone else get theirs?

Hi all, I got my letter today to say that I am a registered full time student! :D Off the to social welfare offices today to give it to them for the btea! Did anyone else get theirs?

Hey Seb - got mine aswell so am off to the social too :D. Good luck on Monday :).

Hey Badger - you got your letter for BTEA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I'm starting in St Pats Drumcondra on 24th. I hope I don't mix up the instructions for the Pot Noodles and the Enhancing Gel :D

chughes wrote: »
    I'm starting in St Pats Drumcondra on 24th. I hope I don't mix up the instructions for the Pot Noodles and the Enhancing Gel :D

Especially if its the Bombay Bad Boy pot noodle :eek: - lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dubdad

Ha Ha that was a BUMPER goody bag!
    worth goin to college for a goody bag alone, never mind the education.
    was college did u go to , might increase their student numbers next yr if word gets out .

Advertisement