Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was in your student goody bag?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

dubdad wrote: »
    was college did u go to , might increase their student numbers next yr if word gets out .

Compliments of IT Sligo ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

What did they say to you today scoob when you went over to the welfare office? I asked about payments and she couldn't really tell me anything. Just said that they would send me a letter about it!

Will be needed the monies as there wasn't that much food in the goodie bag! lol :D

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    What did they say to you today scoob when you went over to the welfare office? I asked about payments and she couldn't really tell me anything. Just said that they would send me a letter about it!

Will be needed the monies as there wasn't that much food in the goodie bag! lol :D

Well I just asked her where they were up to with me BTEA claim and she asked me if I had the letter. I handed her the letter and she told me to just keep getting me JSA from the post office in the mean time. I said, 'really, even though I start college on Monday?':confused: and she said yes. So I said will it take about a week then to move over to BTEA and she said well it will probably take a bit longer then that. So Seb I'm just guna keep drawing me JSA as long as I can and keep on at them about the claim every few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

scoob70 wrote: »
    Hey Badger - you got your letter for BTEA?

Hey ya scoob :) yeah i got the letter yesterday and went up to the social welfare straight away lady said if you dont get a letter during the week collect your money on a wednesday like normal until you do, so hopefully thats that sorted! also sent my grant pack back to the SUSI crowd so hopefully thats them both sorted out finally after months of waiting and anticipation. I cant wait till were all settled in and begin to study.
    thanks for everything scoob :D

hopefully thats them both sorted out finally after months of waiting and anticipation. I cant wait till were all settled in and begin to study.
    thanks for everything scoob :D

Tell me about it. Stressful few months. I've just gotta find me self a little part-time job now to help with the bills. Will let you know on here as soon as that BTEA letter comes through. Enjoy Monday :). Now I'm off to get ready for a night out :D:D.

• Advertisement

Good luck and enjoy tomorrow everyone! :D Might see ye around!! :D:D

How did everyone get on today? We got more goody bags! LOL Lectures tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

I got my bag from UCC last Friday, mainly full of ads for societies, a calander
    Two campus newspapers, a free sample of hot chocolate and coffee, an issue of hotpress,

Free durex condoms too which were laid out on a table to take away, just the basic no frills ones
    I taught they would have included them in the bag, especially for the girls who were probably too shy to take them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Tell me about it. Stressful few months. I've just gotta find me self a little part-time job now to help with the bills. Will let you know on here as soon as that BTEA letter comes through. Enjoy Monday :). Now I'm off to get ready for a night out :D:D.

hey scoob got the letter confirming btea today finally, hope thers one waiting for you at home too!

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    How did everyone get on today? We got more goody bags! LOL Lectures tomorrow!

Hey Seb - we finished for the week now and loved it :D. How'd yr week go?

• Advertisement

hey scoob got the letter confirming btea today finally, hope thers one waiting for you at home too!

Yep - got mine too Badger. I've had great first week. How's it been for you?

Hey Seb - we finished for the week now and loved it :D. How'd yr week go?
    finished for the week as well! :-) Loved it as well! Will be tough going but think I will enjoy it a lot. Can't wait till next week now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Registration day in St Pats Drumcondra. My goody bag consisted of a small box of Special K, a Ribena Plus drink, a sample of Airwaves chewing gum, a pencil, and a bottle opener. There was also a few advertisement leaflets and todays Irish Daily Star.

chughes wrote: »
    Registration day in St Pats Drumcondra. My goody bag consisted of a small box of Special K, a Ribena Plus drink, a sample of Airwaves chewing gum, a pencil, and a bottle opener. There was also a few advertisement leaflets and todays Irish Daily Star.

Ahh no protection for you then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Ahh no protection for you then :p

You're right there Scoob, no gel either. It must be only in those godless dens of iniquity, the institutes of technology, that you get that stuff :D

I was also surprised the when we did the campus tour, the Cat & Cage wasn't included. :rolleyes:

Advertisement