Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail and Dubious Graphic Design

• 03-09-2012 2:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Got this off another forum, some of the photos have their watermark still on. Either that of they were nicked the preview off the stock photography website?

http://www.irishrail.ie/media/menu180x180_v161.pdf

Either way, semi-state "shure, it'll do so..." mentality at its finest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Few danish's, be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

who cares?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭OurLadyofKnock

Duff wrote: »
    Few danish's, be grand.

Did you see the prices? I'd expect to be flown to Conpenhagen for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Did you see the prices? I'd expect to be flown to Conpenhagen for that.

You probably would if someone put a boulder on the track and the train took off after hitting it.

IM0 wrote: »
    who cares?

eh, the owners of the photos if they were not paid would be my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Is that not a private outfit that do the catering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i'm outraged... :mad::mad::mad:

whats actually the problem here?

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You probably would if someone put a boulder on the track and the train took off after hitting it.

at the speed Irish Rail travel at?

I got a F in Physics in my Leaving and even I could find flaws in your theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Meh, off to the photography forum with you. Some people would complain about anything to pass the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Got this off another forum, some of the photos have their watermark still on. Either that of they were nicked the preview off the stock photography website?

What a stupid post, I thought the AH accepted thought on the public sector was "why not waste money sure its not like its ours".

so now your complaining because something was done on the cheap by a semi-state body?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

eh, the owners of the photos if they were not paid would be my guess.

oh i see, yup i'm still outraged... ggrrrrr!! :mad::mad::mad:

lets start a protest, we can throw poo at trains as they pass :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

The fat controller was very angry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

someone ring Joe Duffy QUICK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

What a stupid post, I thought the AH accepted thought on the public sector was "why not waste money sure its not like its ours".

so now your complaining because something was done on the cheap by a semi-state body?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Actually the lazy attitude to their jobs and the lazy attitude to their finances are far from mutually exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Bazzy wrote: »
    someone ring Joe Duffy QUICK

He had a segment on copyright photos last week sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

How interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

humbert wrote: »
    Actually the lazy attitude to their jobs and the lazy attitude to their finances are far from mutually exclusive.

Well what about your lazy attitude to posting?

We have no evidence the above was done by either a public sector or semi state employee.
    We have no evidence these were used without the permission of the rights holders.

In fact we dont even know there is a problem.

I would say shut the gate but some in AH have already jumped to conlusions and run away with themselves.

Sure it would be terrible if we let facts get in the way of a stupid rant now wouldn't it?

It looks to me like someone uploaded a draft instead of a signed-off version of a graphic.

It's common enough that people do mock-ups before they purchase the graphics they intend to use.

I only deal in facts as portrayed in cartoons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

img

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

IM0 wrote: »
    who cares?
    If I was the photographer who took those photos, I'd care. I'd want my money pronto.

sarkozy wrote: »
    If I was the photographer who took those photos, I'd care. I'd want my money pronto.

ok so...

who else cares? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

You're right.

Hitting a "boulder" the train wouldn't even go up in the air at all - never mind to copenhagan.

A gradually elevating ramp placed in front of the train (pointed towards denmark) would be required.

Well what about your lazy attitude to posting?

I was referring to the accepted view of the public sector.

Nobody pays me to post, unfortunately. I'm hoping that if I keep up this sterling work I'll get a modship and then it's easy-street.

You're right.

Hitting a "boulder" the train wouldn't even go up in the air at all - never mind to copenhagan.

A gradually elevating ramp placed in front of the train (pointed towards denmark) would be required.

Are you trying to de-rail this thread?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yikes at the prices, even Ryanair wouldnt charge that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

OP reads like a thinly veiled bash at something to do with guberment or related ****e, and nothing to do with photos :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I know people love knocking state or semi state companies, but this has to be the worst effort yet!
    Go to the commuting forum, there's threads with thousands of legitimate irish rail complaints. A poxy photo on a menu? Get real!

Cienciano wrote: »
    I know people love knocking state or semi state companies, but this has to be the worst effort yet!
    Go to the commuting forum, there's threads with thousands of legitimate irish rail complaints. A poxy photo on a menu? Get real!

Toddle over to the photography forum and see what they say.

• Advertisement

Toddle over to the photography forum and see what they say.

Seems to be well hidden over there, unless I've still got my lens cap on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Let me guess....."No wonder da country's ruined" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Usual AH bash the poster who makes a complaint. Standard responses "get a life" etc.

What is wrong with you people? Anytime anyone points out something wrong, even if it is a small thing gets abuse.

Fair play for spotting this OP, email the stock photo company, that'll stop them in future.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Seems to be well hidden over there, unless I've still got my lens cap on.

Ah, I didn't mean to suggest that there was a discussion going on about it there. But the casual attitude to taking other people's images comes up and evokes strong feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

yikes at the prices, even Ryanair wouldnt charge that much.

Ryanair are around double those prices. e.g., €2.50 for a 200ml can of soft drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Youth Defence were caught out using stolen stock photos and some from a fairly famous photographer in their recent billboard campaign. You can bet there was an outcry over that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thats just pure lazy.
    Who ever designed that must of thought "it'll be grand, no one will notice" :pac:

Thats just pure lazy.
    Who ever designed that must of thought "it'll be grand, no one will notice" :pac:

I can almost 10000% guarantee you that's a draft that was sent to someone to sign off on before they bought the images and finalised it.

Solair wrote: »
    I can almost 10000% guarantee you that's a draft that was sent to someone to sign off on before they bought the images and finalised it.
    It was you, wasn't it? :eek:

It was you, wasn't it? :eek:

Nope lol

Solair wrote: »

No catering outfit in its right mind would admit to using water-marked stock photos to show its rare delicacies:pac:. They would at least imply that they had photographed their own menu items.

• Advertisement
Advertisement