Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Speakers

Options
  • 03-09-2012 3:16pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a few ceiling speakers at home and I wanted to install them in the kitchen for just for radio/streaming music.

There seems to be endless options for doing this but I need a bit of advice.
    I do not want to have cables coming down the walls but I want to be able to control the audio source from the kitchen.

My idea was to have an amp of some sort in the attic and connect the speakers in a similar fashion to a headset, with a Bluetooth profile but I have found no device to let me do this cheaply. The benefit is that I could use just about any tablet device or mobile as the audio source. The other benefit is being able to send calls to the speakers.

The other option is to have an audio sender/receiver with a very small footprint on the sender, the reviver being the amp. I cannot seem to find any good options for this either.

I hope I explained that clearly. The audio will most likely be radio and mp3 so there is no need for super high quality solutions.

Cheers
    Tom

Advertisement