Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braxton hicks help

• 03-09-2012 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

I've been having braxton hicks regularly since last night, anyone else have them regularly? i'm nearly 29weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I had braxton hicks nearly every day from about week 20, just make sure they are not getting stronger and closer together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

What exactly do they feel like? I can't tell if I'm getting them or not. My stomach gets hard, I sometimes feel like I have a pulled muscle down low, sometimes it feels crampy sometimes it's just hard. So confused!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

That's what I get too, read about it and pretty sure thats Braxton Hicks? Imagine you'd only get them nearer due date but appararntly not the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Braxton hicks can feel like whats been mentioned above. They can also feel like period pains. So long as they aren't increasing in regularity and intensity then its normal. If they do, ring your doc/midwife/hospital especially if you get a show/leakage at the same time. I wouldn't worry about them though. I've been getting them since last week and i'm only 15-16 weeks (4th pregnancy though).

Advertisement