Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to post a discussion re changing gender?

Options
  • 03-09-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

This stems from a post I made in the LGBT forum where I said that someone born one sex cant change to another. I was banned for a week from LGBT for posting it and even though I believe I'm right I didn't appeal it as it was probably a stupid place to post it.

So where would be an appropriate place to post a discussion about whether is it actually possible to change gender of if a person is stuck with their birth gender forever? I don't think the LGBT forum will work because it will probably hurt people there.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Depends on what aspect you're going for. Is the argument meant to be from a purely medical/biological role, psychological role etc etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Spear wrote: »
    Depends on what aspect you're going for. Is the argument meant to be from a purely medical/biological role, psychological role etc etc?

I was thinking of a medical/biological/sceintifical approach.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Why don't you stick it in the 'immature offensive teenager demonstrates what a misinformed and wilfull ignorance to anything but his own opinion forum', all the same it that forum ban must of really stung for you still to be winging in here about it,

Shakti wrote: »
    Why don't you stick it in the 'immature offensive teenager demonstrates what a misinformed and wilfull ignorance to anything but his own opinion forum', all the same it that forum ban must of really stung for you still to be winging in here about it,

Obviously if I started a thread it would be to look for other peoples opinions. I'm not whinging about anything, I asked where could I post a question that wouldn't hurt anyone and wouldnt be in the obvious view of people that might be hurt from it. It it concerned me I would have posted a thread, but instead I waited until I had more time.

• Advertisement

Young fine gael taking up all your time? I mean your sig says "I think I must be manstruating" and you wonder why your 1950's Ireland view on gender and women is rejected by other people.... it's because it's nonsense not because they are sensitive or somehow inferior to you it's because your opinions are backward.

I'm not even allowed take humor from tv now. Sigh :P

I don't even know how you come up with this. I don't see what politics has to do with it. There is actually a fair ammount of evidence to back up my opinion altough I'm not even 100% sure what I think about it, even if someone has gender reassignment surgery they still have the DNA structure of the sex they began as. If a post op transgender person is murdered and 50 years later the skeleton is found and a DNA test is done to try to find who it was the test will show them as the sex they are born as and not the one they decided to be.

nope that wasn't an invitation for you discuss the subject of gender with me but for the record you know zero about gender I suggest you turn off the internet open your ears and read a book,

If you want to join the discussion and have evidence to back yourself up feel free to, you can find it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056748369

Advertisement