Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your formation and players ??

Options
  • 03-09-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

It'll be interesting to see if we get even 2 the exact same... i doubt it though..
    With all the players available now.. Show us your picks.
    You can use the 2 so called formations that AVB prefers..
    4 - 2 - 3 - 1
    &

4 - 3 - 3.

Have to think about mine...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Friedel
    Walker - Kaboul - Verts - BAE
    ----Sandro --- Dembele ---
    Lennon --- Gylfi
    Bale
    Ade

This is assuming all are fit, though I have to say that Walker has carried his form from the end of last season (and his crossing/passing/shooting) into this season and needs a good kick up the arse. I can't believe he hasn't improved these aspects of his game over the summer. Great pace, and good defending 1-on-1, but every other aspect of his game leaves a lot to be desired.

Alternatively, I'd have Dempsey instead of Gylfi in a more normal 4 - 4 - 2, or perhaps Parker for Sandro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

SuprSi wrote: »

Friedel
    ----Sandro --- Dembele ---
    Lennon --- Dempsey
    Bale
    Ade

That's the only difference I'd have to SuperSi's team. That change is just a personal preference based on what I saw of Dempsey last season and the fact that Gylfi hasn't shown up in the last two games. He hardly touched the ball on Saturday, I'd prefer Dempsey's work ethic in behind Ade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Friedel
    ----Parker --- Dembele ---
    Lennon --- Dempsey
    Bale
    Ade

Sandro has looked very ropey so far this season. I expect he will kick on, but would like to have Scotty Parker in there for a few games to steady the ship and give us a bit of urgency.

I wonder how good a player Siggy is. Need to see more of him. I know he can shoot but does he have the all round game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Is Parker fit again? If so I'd definitely have him in there. I've heard mixed reports about Gylfi so far so you're probably right about Dempsey too as I think that's the position he played for Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Saw something similar in a blog yesterday... With Vert able to play full back would it be suicide to let Bale play as wing back (running from deep), have Vert push wide to cover Bale, and Sandro drop back? Bale hasn't really got going since does dizzy heights he reached in the CL...

(Without the ball)
    Lloris
    Walker - Dawson - Verts - Bale
    Sandro
    Dembele ---
    Lennon ---- Gylfi ---- Dempsey
    Ade

Probably too attacking for when we're playing the big teams but against smaller opposition it could be lethal... More of a 4-1-4-1 maybe?

(With the ball)
    Lloris
    Walker ---- Dawson - Sandro ---- Verts
    Dembele
    - Lennon ---- Gylfi ---- Dempsey ---- Bale
    Ade

:eek::eek:

PS. Maybe Caulker in for Dawson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Saw something similar in a blog yesterday... With Vert able to play full back would it be suicide to let Bale play as wing back (running from deep), have Vert push wide to cover Bale, and Sandro drop back? Bale hasn't really got going since does dizzy heights he reached in the CL...

(Without the ball)
    Lloris
    Walker - Dawson - Verts - Bale
    Sandro
    Dembele ---
    Lennon ---- Gylfi ---- Dempsey
    Ade

Probably too attacking for when we're playing the big teams but against smaller opposition it could be lethal... More of a 4-1-4-1 maybe?

(With the ball)
    Lloris
    Walker ---- Dawson - Sandro ---- Verts
    Dembele
    - Lennon ---- Gylfi ---- Dempsey ---- Bale
    Ade

:eek::eek:

PS. Maybe Caulker in for Dawson

Reckon we'd end up either winning 5-0 or losing 5-0 every game...

Regardless of that email your tactics avb@tottenham.co.uk id say he's open to suggestions at this stage !

Is Parker fit again? If so I'd definitely have him in there. I've heard mixed reports about Gylfi so far so you're probably right about Dempsey too as I think that's the position he played for Fulham.

No he isn't back yet, I just meant ideally.

I think that's definitely Dempsey's best position, although he is a useful backup striker too. He is supposedly a winger too but I've never seen him there. He isn't particularly fast or tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

................................................Lloris...............................

Walker .................... Dawson ............Caulker .........................BAE.

.........................Sandro .......................Vertonghen .....................

.........................................Dembele .........................................

Dempsey ...............................Ade .........................................Bale.

Thats my FIFA 13 team anyway.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Screamer from Vertonghen this evening! Rocket of a free kick!

Some team Belgium have too..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hey guys, just came across this forum now, I'm spurs since 1981,

Any changes since the last posts here
    The goalie question is interesting to say the least, both of them are far too good for the bench. Whats the story with Sigurdson, how much patience does AVB have with him, he's in my fantasy team but will be sold this week. What will happen with Adebayor back, Defoe will be hard to drop, same with Parker, where does he fit in when he's back? Very tough job picking a fully fit first 11 at the moment.

• Advertisement

Hey guys, just came across this forum now, I'm spurs since 1981,

Any changes since the last posts here
    The goalie question is interesting to say the least, both of them are far too good for the bench. Whats the story with Sigurdson, how much patience does AVB have with him, he's in my fantasy team but will be sold this week. What will happen with Adebayor back, Defoe will be hard to drop, same with Parker, where does he fit in when he's back? Very tough job picking a fully fit first 11 at the moment.

Yeah it's starting to look like Siggy doesn't have much of an all round game to keep him ticking over when he isn't scoring screamers. Hope there is more to come from him, he is young yet.

Defoe will stay in as long as he is scoring. AVB might be tempted to play 4-4-2 the odd time after it worked so well on Sunday.

Parker is now a sub I would think. He will still get plenty of games though, a good presence to have around and still a hero of the Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I think thats a bit harsh on Sygi. I thought he was absolute class against reading for the first 60 mins until he tired and its definitely no coincidence that that was our best performance so far in my mind. He might be sturggling because theres still no Ade in the team. Defoe just can hold the ball up and bring others into it.

I dunno if parker will be benched. I can see him rotating with sandro and demeble depending on the opposition.

Looking forward til we get those 2 back though. The bench will look an awful lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I think thats a bit harsh on Sygi. I thought he was absolute class against reading for the first 60 mins until he tired and its definitely no coincidence that that was our best performance so far in my mind. He might be sturggling because theres still no Ade in the team. Defoe just can hold the ball up and bring others into it.

I dunno if parker will be benched. I can see him rotating with sandro and demeble depending on the opposition.

Looking forward til we get those 2 back though. The bench will look an awful lot better

Whats the latest with Ade, will he see some gametime this week? I love Defoe but it's true what you say, Ade will bring out the best in the new guys.

MrKingsley wrote: »

Maybe I am being harsh on Siggy, I don't mean to write him off, just seems like he hasn't been the same guy who was banging them in for Swansea last season. But of course it's early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

For me, I'd love to see us do a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield. Parker holding, and Dembele attacking with free roam.

Parker
    Bale
    Lennon
    Dembele

Friedels been class, but I really look forward to seeing Lloris when he gets the chance to take over. The back 4 will pick itself when all are fully fit, though I would like to see Dawson in ahead of Gallas. Maybe not against Utd this weekend, but I much prefer his style of play. In my opinion, defence's have always worked better with one brain and one brawn, not 2 brains... Dawson and Vertonghen could make a good partnership while Kaboul is still out.... But maybe thats just me!!

Then of course, I'd like us to see Ade and Defoe together. I vaguely remember being thrilled to see Saha and Ade start one game together up front last season and us getting 5 goals in that game, then Harry went back to just having one up top, resulting in more draws/losses and 1-0's. I think we'd be unstoppable if we had all guns blazing 2 up top, with the option of Dempsey on the bench.

Ormus wrote: »
    Maybe I am being harsh on Siggy, I don't mean to write him off, just seems like he hasn't been the same guy who was banging them in for Swansea last season. But of course it's early days.

A goal and an assist last night, that's more like it Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Lloris

Walker Kabul Vertongen BAE

Lennon Parker Dembele Bale

Dempsey

Ade

Lloris

Walker Kabul Vertongen BAE

Lennon Parker Dembele Bale

Dempsey

Ade

For once, I completely agree with you Dublin Spur.

Although I think Friedel and Defoe should be kept in as long as they are on top form, ultimately I think Lloris and Ade are better.

Also Sandro and Parker are almost interchangeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Ormus wrote: »
    A goal and an assist last night, that's more like it Siggy.

Against Carlisle ? hardly something to celebrate

He has been poor this season, he has a lot of work to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I'd go with 4-5-1

Lloris

Walker Vert Caulker Benny

Bale Parker Lennon

Dempsey Dembele

Ade

• Advertisement
Advertisement