Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos for a Passport. Where?

Options
  • 03-09-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Where can I get a photographs taken for a passport in the City Centre? Don't they require specific size photos or will regular photo-booth do?

Sorry this should be an easy question but to answer but I'm unsure where to look.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Regular photo booth will do. Just be careful that the lense is not dirty, as the passport office will refuse your pics if it is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If you want to get proper ones done, there's a number of places that do them in the city. Off the top of my head, Barry Photographers on Pembroke Street, McSweeney's on Oliver Plunkett St, and the big pharmacy on Grand Parade all definitely do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Read the rules on the passport form very carefully. Eyes must be open, head centered etc. It's hard to get right in a booth, so Faith's suggestions above are good.

That being said, I usually get mine in the photobooth downstairs in paul street shopping center in town. It takes 4 photos and you choose one to print.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Any chemist will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I wouldn't trust the booths although the one inside the Passport Office is very good. Sam Mc Cauley's take very good passport photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

make sure to get black and white ones, not colour. that's all they accept now.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I second Barry's on Pembroke Street. Don't even think about a photobooth. J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

make sure to get black and white ones, not colour. that's all they accept now.

They take both. Rules here.
    http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=257

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Walk into any pharmacy,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

pwurple wrote: »
    They take both. Rules here.
    http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=257

I got a new passport about 2 weeks ago and it said on the application form in all caps "black and white only". maybe that site isn't updated..?

• Advertisement

I got a new passport about 2 weeks ago and it said on the application form in all caps "black and white only". maybe that site isn't updated..?

You can send in coloured ones.

They will then change them to black and white.

Ive worked in a pharmacy for years and have taken countless passport photos, all in colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Colour or black and white are still both fine - the photo on the passport will be in black & white though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Used this for my last passport.

http://www.epassportphoto.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

The photos have to be of a high standard that can be read by the new scanner systems used worldwide
    The photographers on pembroke st at the side of the GPO do them or if the Passport office has a machine then that will do fine.

The photographers on pembroke st at the side of the GPO do them or if the Passport office has a machine then that will do fine.

Photographers also charge a few euro more than standard pharmacy pics,,,,,,

Same finished product

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Passport photo mishaps

-Make sure all your hair is out of your face

-If you wear glasses, don't wear them in the pictures they cause too many issues

- Don't wear a hairband or anything on your head, unless it's for religious reasons

-Neutral expression

-When the Garda stamps or signs the photo, seperate the two sets of photos or else the ink may damage the photos and you'll have them sent back

This is coming from going through 10,000 people's applications last summer and these are the mistakes that most people would make...

Advertisement