Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good news - LIT Development

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Anyone got a link to the Masterplan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Hopefully they get stuck into it straight away.

Mary I launched a masterplan in 2010 and nothing has happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

It all sounds great. It's kind of strange that there's so little info out there about it. No mention on the LIT website or any news sites. Does anyone want to speculate which existing 7000sq.m. building they are converting in Coonagh? Could it be the failed shopping centre?

7928610182_a61578768b_z.jpg

Thomond Campus (left) ~ Desmond Campus (middle) ~ Ormond Campus (right)

See Limerick Leader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hopefully they get stuck into it straight away.

Mary I launched a masterplan in 2010 and nothing has happened yet.

They cannot start straight away as they don't have the required level of funding as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

According to the map above, it looks like LSAD will be acquiring the old Dawn Milk unit across the way. :)

According to the map above, it looks like LSAD will be acquiring the old Dawn Milk unit across the way. :)
    I wonder are they planning to put the student village (Desmond Campus) in behind the Dawn Dairies?

Looking at the Thomond Campus plan, I get the impression that the Shannon Rugby Pavilion and the Mayorstone Garda Station will be removed, creating a new open space to the rear of the west stand of Thomond Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

The larger photo in todays Leader gives a clearer look at the plans. It seems the LSAD student village will be built on the Dawn Dairies plant as well as the the site behind it, with I assume access from the Corbally Link Rd. It looks like the new village will be integrated with O'Briens Park.

The Coonagh campus will be built around Coonagh Cross SC and appears to include 3 new sports pitches and a large pond, as well as other buildings.

It also looks like every building between the main LIT building in Moylish and Thomond Park will be demolished and replaced. I can't see on which campus the second new student village will be.

A Fashion Incubator will be set up in partnership with the city council, probably in the Opera Centre site. This is intended to capitalise on the talent of the students and try to create businesses from them.

All in all I think it's quite a clever plan that will maximise the use of some existing resources such as the shopping centre, the park, and the stadium.

Advertisement