Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Coming To Waterford In Oct/Nov :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Parcel Motel is a whole new way to manage your online shopping deliveries. Each Parcel Motel contains 80 secure lockers of varying sizes. They are all located in convenient places such as petrol station forecourts with 24-hour access 7 days a week. To find out where your nearest one is click here.
    No more waiting around or missed delivery notices telling you to pick up your parcel during the exact same hours that you’re at work. And no more worrying about memos from your boss on the subject of receiving personal deliveries at work!
    Now you can have your parcels sent directly to your nearest Parcel Motel ready for collection, at a time that suits you, and for only €3.50 per stay.
    It couldn’t be easier to get started.

So people know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Anyone know how exactly it works? What address would you actually give and i assume you bring id maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

So people know what it is.

I did link the website :p.

Thanks anyways :)

Media999 wrote: »
    Anyone know how exactly it works? What address would you actually give and i assume you bring id maybe?

https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/

K4G4Tl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

I did link the website :p.

Thanks anyways :)

Ah I know yeah , its just when im on me mobile lookingat boards and someone puts the link up I kinda crack a bit, tis nice having a quote or whatever from the site so I dont have to wait for mobile to load up.
    you have surpassed me now by proving a screen shot haha;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Is this thing not already in operation in the petrol station by The Yellow House Pub??

cococoady wrote: »
    Is this thing not already in operation in the petrol station by The Yellow House Pub??

Not that I'm aware of. I spoke to one of the PM reps and they said it's being rolled out the next couple of months to Waterford. It will most probably be in Night line depot.
    Can you investigate the petrol station and report back with a detailed dossier for us fellow boardsies :P

cococoady wrote: »

Not that I'm aware of. I spoke to one of the PM reps and they said it's being rolled out the next couple of months to Waterford. It will most probably be in Night line depot.
    Can you investigate the petrol station and report back with a detailed dossier for us fellow boardsies :P

Detailed dossier haha.
    I can't see it being in the nightlife depot as the six cross roads close their gates at a certain time. I think it would need to be placed somewhere that has 24 hour access to work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭kensutz

It looked like one of the drop off points was being installed there a few weeks ago.

kensutz wrote: »
    It looked like one of the drop off points was being installed there a few weeks ago.

Where Ken ?
    Petrol station or Nightline

• Advertisement

Out at the Topaz next to the Yellow House

That one has been there 12 months or so

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Them blue lockers are there a month or two now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Most Topaz filling stations have mini-storage facilities. Its unrelated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Could you get your Tesco shopping delivered there I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Big Lar wrote: »
    Could you get your Tesco shopping delivered there I wonder ?

How much shopping are you planning on fitting in a small locker?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1lunatic

Sounds like a great idea , I'll be using it

Gonna bump this thread.

Just got a reply on twitter about the locations.
    Parcel Motel ‏@ParcelMotel
    Topaz Cork Road & Dunmore Road stations both getting Parcel Motels by mid November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Excellent! Will definitely use this service and good locations for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Apologies for starting another thread elsewhere on this, so I will bumo this one.

Anyone know where and when we will have our own one in Waterford, It would be handy for Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

What is parcel motel???

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

Originally Posted by Parcel Motel: Orla
    The wait is finally over! Parcel Motels have started to arrive all over the country! Here's the installation schedule but please be aware that some of these dates could vary slightly depending on site preparations

This week: Blanchardstown Texaco, Deansgrange Texaco, Merrion Gates Texaco, Charlestown Shopping Centre Finglas, Kilmacanogue Topaz, The Goat Goatstown, Dundalk Topaz,Trim Texaco, Naas Tpoaz, Downey's Texaco Portlaoise.

Week ending 9th November: New Mallow Rd Cork, Leitrim St Topaz Cork, Midleton Topaz Cork, Ballincollig Topaz Cork, Dock Rd Topaz Limerick, Cahirdavin Topaz Limerick, Castletroy Texaco Limerick, Aherne's Topaz Thurles.

Week ending 16th November: Greenlane Topaz Carlow, Waterford Rd Topaz Kilkenny, Dunmore Rd Topaz Waterford, Cork Rd Topaz Waterford, Longford Texaco, Casey's Topaz Roscommon, Newcastle Topaz Galway City, Kelly's Centra Letterkenny.

Happy shopping everybody!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jo06555 wrote: »
    What is parcel motel???

You can store parcels and stuff there if your not at home to take the delivery. Pretty cool idea!

https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

It also means you can order things online that can only be shipped within the UK/has cheaper or free UK shipping, as their main depot is up the North and the deliveries go there first and are then distributed out to the local centres.

Feedback on the Bargain Alerts thread about them is all very positive. Look forward to trying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Cant wait for this, lots of free delivery in UK and then only €3.50 to get the stuff here, how bad:)

sillysocks wrote: »
    It also means you can order things online that can only be shipped within the UK/has cheaper or free UK shipping, as their main depot is up the North and the deliveries go there first and are then distributed out to the local centres.

Feedback on the Bargain Alerts thread about them is all very positive. Look forward to trying it!

But would we not be giving our ROI address, so wouldn't qualify for the cheap/free shipping? Do all UK companies give that to NI?

No you get a UK address from Parcel Motel based in the North and they deliver it down here.

When you register you are given a PMID code, so all you do is add an alternative delivery address to your amazon account for instance.

Your Name and the PMID Code
    and the NI address for Parcel Motel

thats it. this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Was passing the Topaz garage on the Dunmore road today and saw them installing it, the one on the Cork road has one too (next to Morriss's).

• Advertisement

shockwave wrote: »
    Was passing the Topaz garage on the Dunmore road today and saw them installing it, the one on the Cork road has one too (next to Morriss's).

Someone else said it was the garage near the Yellow House:confused:

Advertisement