Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Coming To Waterford In Oct/Nov :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭furry

Excitement building!! Spotted the parcel motel installation @ The Topaz on The Manor, just up from Morris'. Looks all shiny & new, hopefully now it'll be up and running in a week or 2, holding back on amazon & whatnot these days...

https://www.parcelmotel.com/ are offering the 1st 2 deliveries free @ the min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

furry wrote: »
    Excitement building!! Spotted the parcel motel installation @ The Topaz on The Manor, just up from Morris'. Looks all shiny & new, hopefully now it'll be up and running in a week or 2, holding back on amazon & whatnot these days...

https://www.parcelmotel.com/ are offering the 1st 2 deliveries free @ the min.

We'll be test this over the next couple of days, and if all OK it will be open for business :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

We'll be test this over the next couple of days, and if all OK it will be open for business :)

I assume once testing goes as planned the location will be added to the PM site.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

I'm undecideded on whether or not I think this is good news;
    This could just be another nail in the coffin for local retailers by facilitating overseas online retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I'm undecideded on whether or not I think this is good news;
    This could just be another nail in the coffin for local retailers by facilitating overseas online retailers.

When the *ankers/Politicians and Bondholers do 'their' patriotic duty and take a real haircut and lead by example then I will consider more carefully how I spend my miserable few washers, mean time, it's sink or swim.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

danjo-xx wrote: »
    When the *ankers/Politicians and Bondholers do 'their' patriotic duty and take a real haircut and lead by example then I will consider more carefully how I spend my miserable few washers, mean time, it's sink or swim.

What has this to do with shopping locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

According to Parcel Motel Facebook page, the 2 Waterford bases are now open for business.
    First 2 locker rentals are free when you register with them.

Just put in my 1st order for Waterford :D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Collected a package there this morning at the Dunmore Road Topaz, worked a treat once I had figured out the angle to hit the numbers on the screen. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fishy1 wrote: »
    According to Parcel Motel Facebook page, the 2 Waterford bases are now open for business.
    First 2 locker rentals are free when you register with them.

Yep they are listed on the website, as is the parcel motel they've also opened in Kilkenny city.

Great to see a company expanding services like this

• Advertisement

dougal wrote: »
    Collected a package there this morning at the Dunmore Road Topaz, worked a treat once I had figured out the angle to hit the numbers on the screen. :D

can ya 'share' pls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

danjo-xx wrote: »
    can ya 'share' pls :)

It was approximately 48.2º. ;)

dougal wrote: »

Collected a parcel today and had the angle problem initially. I then allowed for wind direction and it worked fine :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Dav wrote: »
    This Christmas, say goodbye to missed deliveries and spoiled surprises and say hello to Parcel Motel. The perfect way to manage your online shopping deliveries.

230587.jpg

To celebrate the eagerly anticipated nationwide roll-out of Parcel Motels in November and December, Parcel Motel are delighted to offer their Boards.ie friends an exclusive chance to win an XBox 360 Kinect with Kinect Adventures game worth €299

To be in with a chance to win this fantastic prize, just answer the following question:

How many individual lockers are there in each Parcel Motel?

230588.jpg

Don't forget to log on to www.parcelmotel.com to register and find your nearest one!

Terms and Conditions:
    1) Competition is not open to employees of Distilled Media, Parcel Motel or Nightline Delivers
    2) Entrants must be a Boards.ie Member on or before today (28/11/'12)
    3) Winner will be notified by Private Message on Boards.ie.

For more info on the above competition, pop over to the Online Buying & Actions forum for this thread;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056819146

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Just got the text to pick up my first parcel today. A Uk seller on ebay who wouldn't post to the republic .Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Picked up my first parcel the other day too, will definitely be using it again, very handy service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Picked up my first parcel this morning! Happy days!

Did go to the Topaz on the Cork Road by the Crystal first though!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

south wrote: »
    Just got the text to pick up my first parcel today. A Uk seller on ebay who wouldn't post to the republic .Great service.

how did you manage to get him to sent your item to a different address than your paypal one if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Aquos76 wrote: »
    how did you manage to get him to sent your item to a different address than your paypal one if you dont mind me asking?

You can add multiple ebay/paypal addresses

You can add multiple ebay/paypal addresses

Ah right, I was able to add my Parcel motel address to amazon ok, but saw this post on the main Parcel motel about Paypal and never even tried after that, thanks.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ah right, I was able to add my Parcel motel address to amazon ok, but saw this post on the main Parcel motel about Paypal and never even tried after that, thanks.

Edit: Just tried adding my PM address to paypal, however, as my CC is an Irish card, I cant change the country

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Is the Galway Depot at the Topaz garage Newcastle open yet? Didnt see it as an option on the Parcel Motel website when I went to register.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Is the Galway Depot at the Topaz garage Newcastle open yet? Didnt see it as an option on the Parcel Motel website when I went to register.

Best asking your question here;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663

:)

Why any need to add address to Paypal account, as the exchange rate will be done automatically, and you will have chosen your amazon/ebay parcel motel Antrim dispatch address.

I'm confussed:D

Have just made my 2 free/delivery purchases, one from Amazon and one from ebay which required payment by paypal, route via Antrim and all went swimmingly when ordering. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

hi , will amazon send parfum via parcel motel to waterford

Don't see why not, and you might get free uk delivery, just send it to Parcel motel/antrim and they will do the rest.

Put the order in and if it goes through then no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

thanks danjo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I thought i read that Amazon will not send Perfume to ROI or NI.

An Amazon 3rd party seller might though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Does this mean I can order the entry level Kindle from Amazon.co.uk instead of .com now ?, that model is £69 which = €85. Tescos don't have it yet and are selling the previous model for €110

Advertisement