Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Somerville Illustrations

Options
  • 03-09-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all. I am an 24 year old artist who Is looking to really get my stuff out there and am struggling in the process. Things have been very slow and I wonder if its because of my stuff or people who are looking at it. Either way the reason for this, is to try and draw in a bigger crowd and get opinions, constructive criticism, bigger fan base etc etc. So.........I thought I'd put something up here. Click the link below, my illustration page on Facebook. Have a look and if you like don't be afraid to subscribe and share. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.374801382567400.85674.185919901455550&type=3

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

If you would like comment and critique on your work consider posting the images in a post. Please don't just link to another website and expect members to simply click 'like'.

You started a similar thread here a year ago, and haven't engaged with the boards community much since, if you want to build your profile you should consider engaging more. Boards is full of great people who are happy to help others rather that just personal gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pencil Wizz

I apologies if I'm not using the website in the appropriate manner. It was actually my friend that set up my account and put up that post last year thinking it would be a good idea to help me get my stuff out there, I have no idea how to use this site. I didn't realize that I would be penalized for using it in the way I did. To be honest I thought it was acceptable. Thanks for the advice though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm not penalising you, I'm simply asking you to engage in a community.
    Boards isn't a medium for people to soapbox or promote themselves. It's all about community.

Please feel free to use this website but instead of only posting to promote yourself, help others out, engage in discussion, we have forums for almost every topic. This gives you the chance to build a reputation which goes much further than superficial facebook likes.
    You will also find it opening new avenues and opportunities - in time.

Feel free to add a link to you work in your signature (within boards guidelines) and when ever you post a helpful post people will see it.

Over in the photography forum a lot of people link to their pix.ie or flickr profiles in their sigs and when they post their work in a thread it's linked to that profile so you can explore further.

Welcome to boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DreaminOnAStar

Hi all. I am an 24 year old artist who Is looking to really get my stuff out there and am struggling in the process. Things have been very slow and I wonder if its because of my stuff or people who are looking at it. Either way the reason for this, is to try and draw in a bigger crowd and get opinions, constructive criticism, bigger fan base etc etc. So.........I thought I'd put something up here. Click the link below, my illustration page on Facebook. Have a look and if you like don't be afraid to subscribe and share. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.374801382567400.85674.185919901455550&type=3

Hi Chris

I don't know if you're on Twitter but there is a thing starting on Twitter called #TALKT.
    If you read this FB post (it's not me, I'm not promoting myself, MOD! :)) it will explain it better. It's a good way to get your name out there and get more of a support network going.
    Good luck and your work is very cool!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-Hamilton-Prints/455628577802466

Advertisement