Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4s VS Galaxy s3 VS Htc one X

Options
  • 03-09-2012 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Im due to upgrade my phone in the next couple of weeks and there is 3 phones which interest me; Apple iPhone 4s, Samsung Galaxy s3, htc one x. I don't know which to go for at the moment i have an iPhone and i love it. but i have had iPhones for over 3 years and slightly sick off them. so any advice would be appreciated which should i go for I'm look for bad points as well as good points on the phones. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

No literally the only smartphone I've ever had is iPhones and I've never used android. As you have used both what makes the s3 better or does it have any disadvantages? Seen the s3 yesterday in the phone shop and have to say really liked it now but I know little about them at the same time. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Just a little thought. My friend bought a Nexus 7 recently. This is a Asus made Android based product but fully endorsed and supported by google.

He installed a video player program (MX Player)... and the tablet crashed and needed a restore to get working again. Then he installed skype and the video was upside down, then he installed an upgraded version of skype and there was no video at all.

I never had any issues like that with an iPad.

I've seen people with issues with Android phones which i never see on iPhones. Most problems people have with iPhones is that they don't know how to do something yet, or they don't like how apple does it. Most problems people have with android involve software not doing what it should.

I dunno, personally i avoid android like the plague but i bet a lot of android lovers are going to say i'm totally wrong.

EDIT: I totally forgot that one of my co-workers has a Sony Xperia Android phone that randomly stops receiving text messages from meteor and needs a restore (wiping all personal info/images/txts) before it will receive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Bpmull wrote: »
    No literally the only smartphone I've ever had is iPhones and I've never used android. As you have used both what makes the s3 better or does it have any disadvantages? Seen the s3 yesterday in the phone shop and have to say really liked it now but I know little about them at the same time. Thanks for your help.

I'm not going to bother list all the pros and cons.

long story short:

Apple: Well made, expensive to repair/upgrade, easy to use, little to no customisation possible, huge app store.

Android: Well made, most androids have bigger screens than the Iphone, cheap to upgrade/repair, harder to use, extremely customisable, huge app store that earlier this year became larger than apples one.

Android takes more effort to get working well, but when you get there it out-performs apple across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd wait a few weeks for the iphone 5 comes out and compare that to the s3.
    That said the s3 is nice, I just prefer ios.

There are many vids on youtube comparing the phones but at the end of the day it's up to you, what you're comfortable with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

The HTC One X has really good build quality. And Sense 4.1 is very fast and has great battery life. One thing about HTC is that there updates take awhile to roll out.
    Touchwiz on the other hand has some really handy features and is super smooth aswell. Samsung's update is nearly ready and will be most likely be rolling out in the coming weeks.

One X has 32GB internal memory and has no microSD card slot. And it's battery is non-removable.

GS3 has 16GB internal memory and a microSD card slot. (32GB model available) And battery is removable.

One X has better screen. GS3 has a slightly better camera but I think every review is different.

Overall I think the One X is a bit better. I wouldn't really consider iPhone 4S but if you can wait to see what the iPhone 5 is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Have the One X but i despise Sense. I cam from the Galaxy Nexus and love stock ICS.

Was close to throwing the One X against a wall but jailbroke it over the weekend and stuck jellybean on it. I absolutely love it - so so fast and smooth.

G3 pissed me off for the 3 weeks I had it - hate TouchWiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Totally stock out of the box.

Yes i did, perfect for 2 weeks and trouble after that after only installing apps from the google store. Did a full reset and same thing happened two weeks later. Got sick of it and went to WP7 and had no issues.
    Very strange fault as it gets txts from all other networks. I was surprised it worked after the reset, seemed more like an issue on meteor's side than anything else.

Advertisement