Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child maintenance question

Options
  • 03-09-2012 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    The father of my child is a complete cretin and does not want anything to do with him nor has he paid a penny towards him. Over a year ago I got a summons sent out to him to go go to court. He started sending me intimididating messages so I didn't turn up to the hearing so I presume it was struck out.
    I realise now that was a stupid thing to do and he should take some responsibility for his child. My question is can I go into the family courts again and get another summons or was that my only chance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No, you can bring him back to court. Don't stand for intimidation this time, if he does, save all messages and show them to the judge on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Contact Women's Aid please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

bisset wrote: »
    Contact Women's Aid please.

Hiya can they give me some advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry why does she have to contact Womens Aid? Womens Aid is for people who are being abused by their spouses. This is her ex. She needs to take him to court and if he's being abusive through text message contact the Gardai to keep it on record. She said she was being intimidating.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mberm

January wrote: »
    No, you can bring him back to court. Don't stand for intimidation this time, if he does, save all messages and show them to the judge on the day.
    Really important to keep all correspondence and text messages. Some men have no consideration for their children, emotionally or financially.
    Stand your ground!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys he wouldn't have the balls to threaten me he just thinks he can intimidate me. Was wondering about the Womens Aid comment myself I'm sure the person meant well though. Am goin to look into some free Legal Aid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 carbob

from my experience you should bring him to court and ask the judge for him to pay the maintenance to the courts so that way they have a record of every time he does not pay, you do not have to deal with him at all and you should get it every week regularly. My ex has to do it this way (he has not paid in over 7weeks so the courts are bringing him up themselves I don't have anything to do with it this time) hope this helps a bit and good luck :) x

Another quick question, can I just walk into Dolphin House or do I have to make an appointment? Can't remember from last time and I can't seem to find any info. If anybody knows thanks.

Advertisement