Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear Credit Card online application

Options
  • 03-09-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

HI BOI,
    Can you tell me how long it takes to process an online application for a Clear credit card? I applied 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing since
    cheers:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi paydro2012,

It usually takes approximately 2 weeks for a credit card application to be processed. From time to time this can take a bit longer. If you wish to check on the status of your application, contact Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be able to look into it for you.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 8 paydro2012

Hi paydro2012,

It usually takes approximately 2 weeks for a credit card application to be processed. From time to time this can take a bit longer. If you wish to check on the status of your application, contact Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be able to look into it for you.

Thanks
    Pat

Thanks for that Pat, appreciate your help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stevie2411

Finding the above response hillarious! I applied last year for a Clear BOI card (just really to move away from anr card which I had not signed up to but was transferrred over to-anr story!). 3 months later I had heard nothing, called to local BOI they phoned the credit services who said there was "anomolys" on my account e.g it was overdrawn..etc however the Clear card states that you do not have to be a BOI Customer to apply?? I had NO contact at all stating any of this, they said that they always respond in writing??? Local Branch said I couldn't apply for 3 months and to do it through them, however it emerged that Clear applications can only be processed online.
    I've tried again, 14th of November 2012 still no response...I might state here that I am a customer of BOI for 30+ yrs, in a secure job. own home..etc.. to be treated TWICE to no contact at all is appaling.
    Some one has told me that BOI Clear does not want to accept customers with a large(ish) credit balance? if this is the case why do they not say that they don't do credit transfer balances or publish a limit? It is my understanding that lending institutions do not make any money from folks that pay all balances up front?!
    I'll ring Credit Services now, but I'm off to the Credit Union to sort present card & close it. Then I'll consider all my options in another bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi stevie2411,

Apologies if you did not receive notifications of the decisions in relation to your Credit Card applications. You are correct, we would always issue out the decision on a credit card application, in writing, to the address that was supplied on the application. It would be highly unusual not to receive two letters.

If your initial application was unsuccessful, you wouldn't be able to reapply again for a period of six months from the date of your original application.

The credit limit on our cards would not be determined until the application itself was approved, so we wouldn't be able to publish what the credit limit would be before. And while balance transfers can be done with a Clear Credit Card, there is no special offer rate given on this like there is on some of the other cards we supply. Also, when you successfully apply for a credit card, there is no guarantee that the credit limit that is assigned will be high enough to allow for the full balance of another credit card to be transferred on to it.

If you would like for us to arrange a callback from a member of our Credit Card team in relation to you recent application, please PM us with your name and contact number and the name of your branch and we would be happy to do that for you.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Maybe they read your other post, that you want mbna to write off some of your debt.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=612408&sort=newest

• Advertisement
Advertisement