Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to bring/pack??

• 03-09-2012 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hey guys I depart Ireland on 13th November for christchurch :D just tryna work out wat to bring and what to leave iam 23 and am traveling on my own so what clothes are a must? And also this is me first time traveling so should I bring a bag or suitcase? Thanks in advance ross:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

That'll be heading into summer over here so pack for good weather.

Are you staying or what. It gets cold and wet over winter so need suiablte for that. Can get everything you do at home here so no big deal anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

NZ is a LOT more casual than Ireland. Wouldn't bother bringing too many fancy duds- my wardrobe is full of unworn going out gear. Gumboots and stubbies seem to be the national male uniform AFAICS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    NZ is a LOT more casual than Ireland. Wouldn't bother bringing too many fancy duds- my wardrobe is full of unworn going out gear. Gumboots and stubbies seem to be the national male uniform AFAICS.

+1
    Pack your formal shorts though, just in case :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Salmonfella

Thanks from a dark misty wet offaly morning:/ looking forward to it now:) thanks again :)

also backpack ftw. Apart from being easier to lug around people will laugh at your wheely case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

I havnt worn shoes on a night out in about a year! The odd place (In auckland) gives grief about the runners but generally not.
    As soon as summer hits the flip flops (Jandels) come out. Not long now :)

I havnt worn shoes on a night out in about a year! The odd place (In auckland) gives grief about the runners but generally not.
    As soon as summer hits the flip flops (Jandels) come out. Not long now :)

When I read the first line I assumed you were going barefoot! We're in the schticks and I'd honestly say that I could do without a pair of shoes/sandals/jandals whatever over the summer months. I thought it was so strange the first time I saw it tho. Now I'm loving it...and my callouses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

I love the barefootedness here. I'm from Derry so I found it totally bizarre at first but now it's great. Can't wait for the summer to kick in so I can barefoot it everywhere again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Promac wrote: »
    I love the barefootedness here. I'm from Derry so I found it totally bizarre at first but now it's great. Can't wait for the summer to kick in so I can barefoot it everywhere again.

No interest in going barefoot. Flip Flops are fine. I do like though that the option is there and have walked about a little but more if caught out.

Funny, lived in Queenstown for a while and you see all the new 'locals' trying it out, all looking in agony!!

Advertisement