Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Katana Umbrella

• 03-09-2012 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Was wondering what the law is on carrying something like this?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/b625/?srp=1

I seen it and thought it was pretty cool and was thinking about purchasing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

It's an umbrella, can't see why it would be against the law:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

They are brilliant and even fit in your hand luggage if you are flying off anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Well since there's no law against looking really really geeky then I'd say it's ok to carry one.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

Boombastic wrote: »
    It's an umbrella, can't see why it would be against the law:confused:

Ive seen a couple of stories where SWAT have shut down malls in the states and came in with rifles to arrest a chap with one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The Fashion Gardai would be picking you up from the bottom of a stairwell before the day is out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I got one of these, its just an umbrella, you cant slice someones arm off (sadly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

You can get a samurai sword app for a samsung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Snow joke wrote: »
    Ive seen a couple of stories where SWAT have shut down malls in the states and came in with rifles to arrest a chap with one.
    That's nothing. I've seen stories where fire breathing dragons terrify the populace and stuff. Useless to me anyway, too supersticious. No chance of using it indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

Pottler wrote: »
    That's nothing. I've seen stories where fire breathing dragons terrify the populace and stuff.

Cool story bro, needs more drag. .. . . wait, nevermind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'd say it would be alright if your a character out of a batman film...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

That's not an knife umbrella.

This is an umbrella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I fantasise about owning a light sabre, but its kind of lucky for the general public and my family that I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

looks cool but you would get lifted pretty fast walking through the streets with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Fuinseog wrote: »
    looks cool but you would get lifted pretty fast walking through the streets with it.
    No chance of it lifting you no matter how strong the wind was, it would just turn inside out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Pottler wrote: »
    No chance of it lifting you no matter how strong the wind was, it would just turn inside out.

but Garda ERU would lift you and your samurai umbrella.

Advertisement