Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resident evil 1.5 - finally a reality???

• 03-09-2012 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

This is something I've been following for a long time now. About 15 years later, and we still don't have the missing version of Resident Evil 2.

Apparently this group somehow have a copy (seems to be a bit earlier than the closer to finished version 'The Curator' has) and are currently fixing it up to try to get it as close to the finished product before release.

Now, if you're familiar with all the dramaz around RE 1.5, you'd tell me to piss off and that I must be smoking crack to believe the above. But this claim does have something going for it which the others didn't - never before seen higher res screenshots.

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?9548-Some-cool-1-5-exclusive-screenshots-%29

If this is true (and looks more and more likely to be the case), it's pretty massive news in Resident evil and unreleased games scene.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I never seen high res screens before, this could be very interesting, that a spanish version though? judging from the inventory screen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will probably be better than Resi 6.

Its got leon with a bowl cut, of course it would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Insidious

Looks interesting! Must investigate further!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah here, check this out, the lads who are fine tuning this prototype are class.

There was a comment posted somewhere, where a guy was trying to scam folk by saying he had the prototype and would sell it on for 30 dollars.

The guys who actually have the proto and want to release it not only commented, but did so WITH the proto.

This has all the hardcore RE fans waiting for this proto cacking their pants. As not only does it look really really legit, it's again showing footage and animations they've never seen before.

Just one thing to note, you need to pause the video on the text to read it as it moves fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

How are they able to fine tune this game? I presume the source code wasn't released with the proto...meaning they'd have to decompile it themselves...seems like a monster task without the source code :confused:

Master of the Universe

I think they may have more than just the proto. From looking at some of their screenshots, I think they may have somehow gotten their hands on official dev tools too.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I think they may have more than just the proto. From looking at some of their screenshots, I think they may have somehow gotten their hands on official dev tools too.

Yeah to make alterations to a game you usually need the decompiler, the source code, the required dev software & a recompiler. I think :o

Master of the Universe

Master of the Universe

Guys are already designing box art to put their CDr into. :D

2qleopl.jpg

• Advertisement

I presume this will be a free download? How playable/complete will it be?

Master of the Universe

Ah yeah, free alright. If they tried to get money from it, Capcom would have a paypal account to track down!

The original 1.5 proto was 40% complete. I think this team have taken what was on the disc and tried to get it to 80%+.

From what I've read, there were a lot of placeholders all over the place for zombies/NPCs - so were able to use that info to fill in gaps.

Any guff from Capcom along the way?

Master of the Universe

I'd say Capcom have people looking into it alright. Haven't heard of any cease and desist letters - although, it's an anonymous team - so they wouldn't have anywhere to send them!

I'd say Capcom have people looking into it alright. Haven't heard of any cease and desist letters - although, it's an anonymous team - so they wouldn't have anywhere to send them!

Ah cool. Kinda pity they went for RE 2 for the boxart, & not 1.5

The title screen must say RE2

Master of the Universe

That boxart is by someone completely separate to the project just messing about with graphics. Would be interesting if the real team did up some art though.

I'd rather if it said 'Biohazard 2' myself! The title screen in game does indeed say Biohazard 2.

That boxart is by someone completely separate to the project just messing about with graphics. Would be interesting if the real team did up some art though.

I'd rather if it said 'Biohazard 2' myself! The title screen in game does indeed say Biohazard 2.

Definitely be interested in this, any rough idea of a release date?

Master of the Universe

No clue! It's all shrouded in mystery. Some people were thinking it would be Halloween this year, but all we got was another video. Great one at that though. They've said there'll be another updated at christmas (might be the game, or just more vids. who knows!)

Good article about it on Retrocollect

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/is-the-unfinished-a-unreleased-resident-evil-15-about-to-be-leaked-onto-the-internet.html

Here's the thread where all the recent hype kicked off -

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?9548-Some-cool-1-5-exclusive-screenshots-)

Here's a great RE 1.5 thread, although it goes back as far as 2008 (long before this project was announced)

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?16832-Info-about-Resident-Evil-1-5/page67

Master of the Universe

So the team behind this have now released a proper video discussing the project. Looks like they'll be releasing more 'making of' developer commentaries.

Worth a watch, it's really interesting. The whole thing seems to be in really good hands. I cannot wait. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The holy grail for Resident Evil fans. RE2 was one of my favourite games. I remember hearing about 1.5 and being fascinated by just the still pictures. Being able to play part of it, see the backgrounds, hearing the background music (if any is new)....that would be heaven.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Argh! I have a working build of 1.5 running on my pc!!!

Don't want to send a direct link, but have a look at this thread. It's still a 'work in progress' by the team, but it's a running version of 1.5!!!!!

Wish I had some discs to have a go on my ps1!!!

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?9548-Some-cool-1-5-exclusive-screenshots-(Respect-the-mods-avoid-stupidity)&p=246529&viewfull=1#post246529

No way, I'll wait till they give this a (hopefully) full release

Advertisement