Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paralympics games and drugs

• 03-09-2012 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭

They are talking about it on +4, so do yis think some of the athletes are taking enhancing performance drugs,

they were talking about providing a sample, how it is very hard to do sometimes if you are dehydrated,

what about giving a hair sample, just a wee pluck and job done (unless your bald)

but then if they are on loads of different types of drugs because of their disabilities how does it get siphoned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

its drink and paralytic games no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

I heard one lad from a Wheelchair Rugby team tested positive for WD40

...I'll get me coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

I heard four paralympians were arrested at Heathrow Airport last night for possession of small arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Paralympic games are brilliant. What people with disabilities can achieve, is unreal. Fair dues to them. I'm sure there are drugs used, that are hard to detect. Like the ordinary olympics.

On another note, I think the paralympics should be renamed the English olympics/ team GB olympics. GB team this GB f*kin team that. F*k off like, there are other nationalities competing who have f*k all to do with team GB. Theres always an excuse as to why someone from team GB looses. No excuses please love, they ran sh1t and low and behold someone from another country ran faster. Get over it. And, as for the ads on C4!!!!!!!! wtf!!!!!!!!! Just as well I have sky plus or I wouldn't be watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

jessiejam wrote: »
    Paralympic games are brilliant. What people with disabilities can achieve, is unreal. Fair dues to them. I'm sure there are drugs used, that are hard to detect. Like the ordinary olympics.

On another note, I think the paralympics should be renamed the English olympics/ team GB olympics. GB team this GB f*kin team that. F*k off like, there are other nationalities competing who have f*k all to do with team GB. Theres always an excuse as to why someone from team GB looses. No excuses please love, they ran sh1t and low and behold someone from another country ran faster. Get over it. And, as for the ads on C4!!!!!!!! wtf!!!!!!!!! Just as well I have sky plus or I wouldn't be watching.

to be fair they big up the Irish to no end, so it is GB and the wee fairy Irish for the win.

• Advertisement

whispers.. *channel 4 is a british station*

/me searches desperately for the t-t-timmy video from South Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You don't want to hear about the Great British team, then stop watching a Great British channel.

IM0 wrote: »
    ya don't say:rolleyes:
    Still pisses me off

You don't want to hear about the Great British team, then stop watching a Great British channel.

I think you do the word GREAT an injustice here.

• Advertisement

Setanta Sports isn't.

ya don't say:rolleyes:
    Still pisses me off

location cork: I c

Setanta Sports isn't.

and neither is france 2. is there a point to this or?

and neither is france 2. is there a point to this or?

yes France wish they were.

I think you do the word GREAT an injustice here.

Right.....so when you're using the accromyn GB, what does it stand for? General Bicuits?

I reckon the Brits spent 9 billion on creating the games and 11 billion on the wonder drug,

they will put seventy sleben zillion into the economy from this, they know there shiit.

Right.....so when you're using the accromyn GB, what does it stand for? General Bicuits?

yes or Great Britain or give blood.

You're a strange person.

Point taken. But, I don't have setanta..

You're a strange person.

I concur he is.

• Advertisement

location cork: I c

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://www.rte.ie/sport/paralympics/live/#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I believe Setanta is free to air for the duration of the paralympics.Link

While I am delighted for the GB team in the able body games and the disabled body games, I smell a rat, I dont think they will show the same type of performances in the next 12 months,

how the fook do you all of a sudden become great, like they bypassed shiite and unlucky, to become winners, it wont last, someones hair needs to be pulled out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

If they're prepared to break their own bones in order to enhance performance its a no-brainer that some will take drugs to do the same.
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/11729/20120824/paralympic-athletes-breaking-their-own-bones-boost-performance.htm

loobylou wrote: »
    If they're prepared to break their own bones in order to enhance performance its a no-brainer that some will take drugs to do the same.
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/11729/20120824/paralympic-athletes-breaking-their-own-bones-boost-performance.htm

just as well there is no penis comps.

Just watching the ceremony for the 100mtrs wheel chair event(presenting the medals) and the announcer said, please stand for your national anthem, WTF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Just watching the ceremony for the 100mtrs wheel chair event(presenting the medals) and the announcer said, please stand for your national anthem, WTF.

I've heard him say twice, at least, "Will those who are able, etc..."

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I've heard him say twice, at least, "Will those who are able, etc..."

Why not say, please enjoy the national anthem, then we change channel.

• Advertisement

I hope yis enjoyed that performance, im delighted for him and the Irish team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The Brits have really gotten behind team GB in the paralympics but at the same time they do produce a lot of medical equipment in Britain, one of the worlds biggest and most well known wheelchair manufacturers (RGK) is based in the UK and have put a serious push on these Olympics. A lot of the worlds wheelchair rugby teams are probably using British gear so I'm not all that surprised there's a lot of press for the paralympics. It's not only about supporting athletes and the UK, they're also showcasing British technology on a global level.

Advertisement