Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

postage refund

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Its a tough one OP - on the one hand that Distance selling regs wont help you as they don't refund postage. On the other its unclear whether he sold you a charger on the basis it would work for your laptop or simply one with the same specs you read / mailed him. If you used a credit card maybe ask them if they'll do a charge back - if they think they are on dodgey ground they wont. I think you'll find opinion is going to be pretty split on this one.

Practically speaking if you're only down a fiver or so and the guy won't budge - I'd just run with it and chalk it down at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

no im out 8 quid im when ever i buy something online from this country something goes wrong and im sick of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

no im out 8 quid im when ever i buy something online from this country something goes wrong and im sick of it

Are you perhaps always going with the cheapest option? Seems like a bargain but sometimes people are the cheapest for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

it wasnt the cheapst option the was cheaper

Advertisement