Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless guitar kit causing a buzz

• 03-09-2012 7:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭

Right. so im lucky that my gear has good grounding and i never get any of that background buzz from my amp even when distortion is turn on.

but when using my wireless kit its quite noticeable when i stop playing because im not acting as the groung through the strings since im totally disconnected from my pedalboard.

does anybody have any experience of this?
    some helpful tips or workarounds before i can buy a noise gate or suppressor?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

What's the kit? Have you tried a different channel?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭-crisp-

roast wrote: »
    What's the kit? Have you tried a different channel?

I've tried different channels. It's got 12 and you can also tune it manually (which ive had to do before because I could hear the bouncers on the radio and the taxis outside through my amp, that got some laughs during sound check.

It's an Ashton awm200. Not the most expensive kit but it's been serving me faithfully for years now. Just never used it gigging very often.
    It's a pain to have to keep turning off the pedals and on again every time I stop playing.

Advertisement