Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses on O' Connell Street

Options
  • 03-09-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Just wondering where on O' Connell Street do the buses 3, 11, 16 & 41 stop? I checked the Dublin Bus website but all it said was O' Connell street but not exactly which end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I know the 16 stops beside the Burger King (the one close to the Savoy) if travelling towards Ballinteer, and directly across the road from the Savoy cinema if travelling towards the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

The 3 is gone, and is now the Number 1. It stops at the last stop in O'Connell St. nearest the Ambassador, the 11 and 16 also stop there.
    The 41 only stops in O'Connell St. on the inbound journey, going towards the Airport, it runs from Abbey St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

hayser wrote: »
    Just wondering where on O' Connell Street do the buses 3, 11, 16 & 41 stop? I checked the Dublin Bus website but all it said was O' Connell street but not exactly which end.

Here's the map and stop guide:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/City-Centre-Bus-Stops/OConnell-Street-Bus-Stops/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

rx8 wrote: »
    The 3 is gone, and is now the Number 1.

The 3 is now the 44
    The 16 is now the 1
    The 16A is now the 16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

The 3 is gone, and is now the Number 1.

The 3 is now the 44
    The 16 is now the 1
    The 16A is now the 16

Eh..NO,

The 16 &16A are now the 16,
    The 44 is still the 44, but it has been extended to the old number 3 termimus.
    The 3 is gone and is now the number 1, and it now goes to the old 16 terminus in Santry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Eh..NO,

The 16 &16A are now the 16,
    The 44 is still the 44, but it has been extended to the old number 3 termimus.
    The 3 is gone and is now the number 1, and it now goes to the old 16 terminus in Santry.

Sorry I wasn't taking into account the southside route. I was telling the replacements for the routes that you'd take on the Northside before Network Direct (44 for Larkhill, 1 for Shanard Road, 16 for Airport) as I assumed he was going north.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Veronica P

one next to the street corner of Burger King and one accros the bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Thanks everyone. So basically at least 1 of the buses going to Drumcondra stop near the Ambassador at the top of O' Connell Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

hayser wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. So basically at least 1 of the buses going to Drumcondra stop near the Ambassador at the top of O' Connell Street?

Your best choice is stop 278 (OG) opposite the junction of Cathal Brugha Street, and take the 1, 11, 16 or 44 from here to Drumcondra.

Advertisement