Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[4 digit PayPal reference] on Online Statements

Options
  • 03-09-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I want to buy this laptop online for college from Novatech. I ordered with a credit card, but they don't accept non UK credit cards due to less security and verification. I signed up for PayPal and verified, but I need to view my (mom's :o) online statement to see the 4 digit pin to verify it. I did it earlier today, so when and how can I see the €1.50 transaction online so I can input it? There are only 4 left in stock and I'm getting a bit worried. :(

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

earwax_man wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I want to buy this laptop online for college from Novatech. I ordered with a credit card, but they don't accept non UK credit cards due to less security and verification. I signed up for PayPal and verified, but I need to view my (mom's :o) online statement to see the 4 digit pin to verify it. I did it earlier today, so when and how can I see the €1.50 transaction online so I can input it? There are only 4 left in stock and I'm getting a bit worried. :(

Thanks in advance.

The €1.50 wont show for a few days, like a standard charge to the card.

You cant see your mums statement unless you have her consent to do so.

BOI have Visa Debit - as good as a credit card, you can get that on your own account and you don't need to have certain incomes / you can be a student as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

your mam can call her cc company and they can give her the 4digit code. she should ask them for the reference on the transaction and the company who made the charge.

it will piss them off but they will give it to you, in my experience with aib, mbna and ulster bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

I had to temporarily use my sister's credit card for a few (small) PayPal transactions earlier this year. Even though I didn't have the code to hand, they let the payments through without further authentication. I only needed the code to get the £1.50 refunded.
    I thought it was strange and maybe unusual but when my own new card was also added to PayPal a few weeks later, the same thing happened - payments were allowed through before the code was entered and applied.
    Try it and see - might not work for a large amount.

Advertisement