Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keywords and descriptions

• 03-09-2012 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

hi
    just a quick question, regarding keywords and descriptions in HTML.

how important are they in getting your website listed near the top for a query in google.

is there any other aspect i should be looking at?:confused:

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭bceltic

I think you're better off posting in the SEO forum but there are a lot of variables in bringing your website up the rankings of a search engine.

The three basics elements of rankings are:
    1. The optimisation of your website's code
    2. The quality, frequency and relevancy of content published on your website
    3. The authority, relevancy and quantity of links from other websites pointing to yours

Within each of these are hundreds of factors that affect rankings.

Site architecture, page layout, site speed etc. also affect rankings but have less weight as a ranking factor than something such as a title tag.

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

hi

how important are they in getting your website listed near the top for a query in google.

thanks

Keywords are ignored by Google due keyword spamming. Some other search engines use them to a limited extent. Imo they are just about worth doing but not sweating over.

Description controls the, well, description text that Google uses under the listing's title and should have no bearing on ranking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gomez_gomes

hi

LithiumKid1976: definitely you need to keep a serious track on the SEO.. mate things are been changing SEO World.. there are many aspects as to what you mentioned.. Onsite issuse, technical factor, w3c validated...CSS..broken links, many small small things...if you need suggestions P.M. any time.. All the very best.

Advertisement