Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks about to start on N63 approaching Abbeyknockmoy!

Options
  • 03-09-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Does anybody know what the plans are? Are they going to widen the road along that stretch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TomGalway

First I heard of it tbh, some of that road into Abbey on Galway side could badly do with being widened. I saw a close call with a tractor and trailer and an oncoming jeep on that horrific bend before the straight stretch entering Abbey from Galway side of N63. Scary stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Does anybody know what the plans are? Are they going to widen the road along that stretch?

There's money in the roads programme for resurfacing a stretch of road in/around Abbeyknockmoy, this must be it.

There's a tender notice that has some details,
    Mountbellew is approximately 410m in length.
    Lackagh is approximately 680m in length.
    Danganbeg is approximately 385m in length.

sound about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Hi Op,

looks like they are difinitely widening the road. About time:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

Hi Op,

looks like they are difinitely widening the road. About time:rolleyes:

It's just going to do wonders for my commute time in the short term while all of this work is ongoing :-) Having said that, the road was extensively resurfaced in the past year or so was it not? They must be planning a long-term project judging by the secure compound that they have built for machinery.

They must be planning a long-term project judging by the secure compound that they have built for machinery.

Can you point out on a google maps exactly where the location of this compound is - it could be related to the M17/18 project. There will be an interchange built at Annagh, so this would be a logical point for an equipment compound (i'd imagine there will be another somewhere around Ardrahan).

• Advertisement

antoobrien wrote: »
    Can you point out on a google maps exactly where the location of this compound is - it could be related to the M17/18 project. There will be an interchange built at Annagh, so this would be a logical point for an equipment compound (i'd imagine there will be another somewhere around Ardrahan).

It's here exactly... inside the gates. All of the ditch along here has been taken away. Willis Brothers are involved in some shape or form!

It's here exactly... inside the gates. All of the ditch along here has been taken away. Willis Brothers are involved in some shape or form!

That spot isn't down for any roadworks this year and Willis Brothers have been involved with Roadbridge (the company that it's believed will lead the M17/18 project), so I think this could be the start of accomodation works for the new road.

Keep an eye on it, if I'm right they won't do much to the road apart from stripping back ditches & hedges, with maybe a bit of resurfacing of the road back to Turloughmore (to support the extra volume of truck traffic).

It's part of the Annagh Hill Interchange it appears... 2 new roundabouts going in on this stretch of the N63. http://www.galway.ie/RoadProjects/m17/m17brochure.pdf ... Page 8

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PJK2013

Heard locally the section of road put in is now sinking!!

Advertisement