Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Controller Headset Jack?

Options
  • 03-09-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Just wondering if any of you have had this problem before?

Basically a few months ago the headset I got that came with the Xbox seemed to stop working. I could rarely hear people talking and they could only really hear a hissing noise coming from me, sometimes hearing my voice, and often hearing nothing at all. I just put this down to the headset being old and used quite often so thought nothing of it.

However, I recently bought a Turtle Beach headset and the same thing seems to be happening. The person on the other end reported the same thing as above and I couldn't hear him at all even with everything turned up very high etc.

I'm now presuming that this is something to do with the headphone jack on the controller, as when I pull the jack that connects into the controller halfway out and wiggle it around a bit I can sometimes hear the other person talking for a split second and they same the same for me.

So has anyone else had this problem before? Is the only solution to buy a new controller (which I would gladly do if it meant I got to use this Turtle Beach headset properly :pac:)? Or is there anything else that can be done to fix it, short of getting a screwdriver and taking the controller apart?

Thanks all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I don't have a fix, but it does happen. The lads complained about an echo coming from my mike, went through 3 of them and that didn't fix it. New joypad did. With Tritton's/Turtle Beaches, I get static/hissing off that joypad still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

mcgovern wrote: »
    I don't have a fix, but it does happen. The lads complained about an echo coming from my mike, went through 3 of them and that didn't fix it. New joypad did. With Tritton's/Turtle Beaches, I get static/hissing off that joypad still.

Thats a grounding loop, change the usb port it's connected to from front to back or back to front, that might solve it.

Advertisement