Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kent Station to Trabolgan

Options
  • 03-09-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,

We're driving to Trabolgan on Monday. My Mam and Dad are following us down on Wednesday , they have travel passes so they're getting the train from Heuston to Kent station. What's the best way for them to get to Trabolgan from the train station in the evening time approx 6pm.

If there is a bus does anyone know if their passes can be used or is it a private firm.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Karen23 wrote: »
    Hi all ,

We're driving to Trabolgan on Monday. My Mam and Dad are following us down on Wednesday , they have travel passes so they're getting the train from Heuston to Kent station. What's the best way for them to get to Trabolgan from the train station in the evening time approx 6pm.

If there is a bus does anyone know if their passes can be used or is it a private firm.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

All the information you need to be found here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Thanks , I'd already looked on their site.

The coach they mention collects passengers from the 1pm train but they cant make any train earlier than 3pm and no other bus information is given.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Karen23 wrote: »
    Thanks , I'd already looked on their site.

The coach they mention collects passengers from the 1pm train but they cant make any train earlier than 3pm and no other bus information is given.

It's a short drive. Could one of you not collect them?
    Or ring Trabolgan during office hours and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

They could get a train to Midleton from Kent, Cork and maybe ye could collect them from the train station in Midleton. Only about 10/15 minutes drive from Trabolgan.

I had a look on Google maps and its says its about 35 min drive. One of us will collect them if the bus is not an option , I just dont fancy driving into Cork City when I've never been before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

If you do have drive to Kent Station to collect them at least it will be very easy to find it as it is on the right side of the City for you. It will be around 35 minutes drive all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

241 bus goes from Parnell Place to Trabolgan, not sure if it stops at Kent station but it's a short enough walk if they're able for it.
    There are also several buses from Parnell Place and a train from Kent to Midleton which is only a short run up the road from Trabolgan.
    Personally I'd drive up to Cork, it's a lot less hassle for them after the train and you'll barely be into town before you're turning back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

yeah train to midleton would be the easiest.

Thanks for that info , I didnt realise you could go on to Midleton. The coach service offered by Trabolgan picks up at Kent station so I had presumed this was the nearest stop.

Thanks again :)

You don't go on to Midleton, it's a separate train that leaves from a different platform in Kent Station, just make sure they don't get the Cobh one by mistake.

• Advertisement

Ye sorry , should have worded it better , they'll have to change over in Kent to the Midleton train. Thanks

Would it be handy enough for me to collect them from there ?

Midleton is only 15 minutes up from trabolgan (depending on the time of day of course). The station is at the other end of the town but it's well enough signposted.

Advertisement