Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Commuting

Options
  • 03-09-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'm heading on to do Psychiatric Nursing this year in UCD. I registered recently online and have discovered I start with 9am lectures on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I'm commuting from Athy this year, via train (the 20 to 7 train) (arriving in at 10 to 8) and then I was planning to take the 145. Does anybody know if that will give me enough time to make it up? :confused: Any help to put my mind at rest will be really appreciated :D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hi, I'm heading on to do Psychiatric Nursing this year in UCD. I registered recently online and have discovered I start with 9am lectures on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I'm commuting from Athy this year, via train (the 20 to 7 train) (arriving in at 10 to 8) and then I was planning to take the 145. Does anybody know if that will give me enough time to make it up? :confused: Any help to put my mind at rest will be really appreciated :D

Yeah you'll be grand :) 145 usually take 35mins at the most to get to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

145 leaves every 10 mins from Heuston, but if you get it at 8, you'll get to UCD at about 8.50

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sarahwarah12

Thanks malachyscott.. Feel better now..
    Hopefully I wont get there at 8:50!:eek:
    I think the walk to the health science building will take me a bit, i'd be late :O

You'd still be fine. Most 9am lectures will start a few minutes after and even then you'll still see stragglers coming in at 20-30 past.

Really! Wow.. Didnt realise, thanks! Any idea how long the walk is to the health sciences building? :D

• Advertisement

I usually walk to the arts block in about 7 mins so I wouldn't say it would be longer than that if you cut across the car park and go across the front of the Vet Building.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

Maldesu wrote: »
    I usually walk to the arts block in about 7 mins so I wouldn't say it would be longer than that if you cut across the car park and go across the front of the Vet Building.

The path up to Health Sciences from the Vet Building was closed off because of the building of Science East. Unless they have reopened it the OP will have to go the long way, around the lake, passed Chemistry and down passed the Student Centre.

I think it's open again. I was out on Sat and the boards are gone from the side of the Science block and now up in front of Engineering.
    Even if it is blocked, would it not be faster to go behind the Vet building and just along the road to it rather than around the lake?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

Maldesu wrote: »
    I think it's open again. I was out on Sat and the boards are gone from the side of the Science block and now up in front of Engineering.
    Even if it is blocked, would it not be faster to go behind the Vet building and just along the road to it rather than around the lake?

I thought that was closed off because of the building work in front of Conway.

Looked open when I was down by Health Science on Sat and didn't notice it blocked up, but then I wasn't really looking for it.
    There is building at the Research of Diseases just started, so I think they've moved.

But unless someone can confirm I'm afraid the OP may have to find out on the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Not meaning to confuse the OP further.. but wouldn't entering from the greenfield park entrance be fastest?

http://goo.gl/maps/aNgvl

Right enough. Get off at the RTE and there is a road to the right that will take you to the entrance. Never walked that way though.

Okay now i'm officially confused.. All i know is when I headed up for the open day, it took a while from the 145 stop to cross the bridge, etc to head up to the health sciences building! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭stop

Okay now i'm officially confused.. All i know is when I headed up for the open day, it took a while from the 145 stop to cross the bridge, etc to head up to the health sciences building! :/

ok, basically you have two options when getting the 145.

Yellow route below, has you getting off at the N11 Montrose Stop and walking across the bridge int campus, walking across the Car Park at O'Reilly hall to the Vets academic entrace, passing Computer Science & Physics to the main entrance of Health Science. The path between Computer Science & Physics was closed over the summer but should be reopened by Monday if it isnt already.

Red route below has you getting off the bus at the RTE bus stop (the one immediately after the footbridge over the N11). From there you cross the road, and head up Greenfield Park until you get to the dead end. Turn left to come into campus, head straight up the road and walk straight across the tarmac/benches/grass circle alongside the building site fence. You will come to the side door of Health Sciences underneath the bridge to the new black building on your left. There is a door to the pulse cafe which you should be able to open and walk through into the rest of the Health Science building. If its locked, walk around to the front door. (BTW if you are coming out the opposite way be careful as the staff will scream at you if you go out the alarmed door instead of the normal one :pac:)

There is about a 100m difference between the routes, RTE one being longer. Of course you could factor in other things like the time it takes the bus to get to the montrose stop from rte, likely queue of people getting off at montrose stop, vs the time it takes you to cross the n11 at RTE.

vbulletinIVcgT.jpg
    IVcgT.jpg

Thanks Stop! A hell of a lot of information! Thank you so much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

F.R. wrote: »
    The path up to Health Sciences from the Vet Building was closed off because of the building of Science East. Unless they have reopened it the OP will have to go the long way, around the lake, passed Chemistry and down passed the Student Centre.

The path that went between Physics and CompSci was closed, the path down from vet to Conway never was, so you can loop around behind CompSci. The work in front of Conway never blocked anything off.

Advertisement