Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can't believe my luck!

• 03-09-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

I put a car up for sale yesterday on donedeal and it was sold fairly quickly last night. Marked it as sold on the ad but someone else is interested! I can't believe my luck. They don't even seem to want to view the car :rolleyes: :pac::pac:

I'm gonna waste this f**kers time trololol
    Thanks for your response €1500 is a nice and accepted price. I will be adding the 3.9% PayPal surcharge to the total amount i will be paying you. So i will be paying directly into your PayPal account without any delay, and i hope you have a PayPal account. If you have one already, just send me the address to send it to, which is the email address you use for it,if you dont have an account with paypal you can just go to www.paypal.com to set up an account it is very easy and secure, so once i receive the details i will go ahead with the payment through PayPal and then i will contact my shipping company after you get the payment. I will need your home address for the merchandise to be Picked Up by the Shipping Company. I want you to know that i have made an arrangement with the courier company coming to pick up the merchandise and i signed a note of authorization with them so their courier representative can sign for the necessary documentation on my behalf. So concerning the issue of the documentations of the merchandise and the signing, I want you to know that an arrangement has been made with a courier company to pick up the merchandise and the representative coming will bring along the copy of my identification for you to have full data to make the change of ownership and the representative will be the signatory to the documents as I have signed a note of authorization with his company I await your mail.

Have a nice day.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

one word, dodge....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Don't I know it James,
    how do they actually scam you in this situation btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

as i dont use paypal im unsure of the returns of funds policies etc, but id be worried because he isnt going to collect it himself and a courier will pick it up off you. Id email paypal and ask if theres any way after the deal has been done he could get the money back, also the language in it is very vague, the overuse of the word merchandise instead of "car" leads me to believe it may just be a general email for any goods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You should also partake in the Spanish Lottery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

and send me your bank details so that I can transfer the $3,000,000 left behind by the large Government contract which was never completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

For those that aren't familiar with this scam

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23073

Such a stinker of a scam. So they tell you that they have the money transferred plus a fee for their agent but that the money won't be released by paypal until you transfer money to them via western union?

Scumbags.

Email is jim.bruno@hotmail.com btw in case someone else searches for it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

or you get and email that LOOKS like it is from paypal saying "you have funds" and you lose your car..... these scams must work but they are so obvious to spot if you have your wits about you!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlanFurl

So funny reading this!! Someone tried to pull this scam on me only a few weeks ago. I kept on asking "Are you sure you don't want to drive the car before buying?". All I got back was "the courier will drive it and let me know if somethings wrong".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

let the courier arrive and hand him a dinky :D

or in this scam does a courier even turn up? i assume not they only want the cash.
    Are people still fallling for these??

• Advertisement

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Such a stinker of a scam. So they tell you that they have the money transferred plus a fee for their agent but that the money won't be released by paypal until you transfer money to them via western union?

Scumbags.

Email is jim.bruno@hotmail.com btw in case someone else searches for it. :)

Scamers!!
    10 Apr 2011
    I posted my car on Carsales last night and received several very similar emails this morning from:

Jarrett Morris - jarmoorr666@gmail.com
    Ali Fred - alifred@y7mail.com
    Jim Bruno - jim.bruno@hotmail.com
    Peter Hush - hushpeter01@gmail.com
    and provided me with the number +60173291697 which a quick Google search lead me here.

They all insisted that i use a PayPal account.
    Its nice to see people working together to stop these scum from cheating others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

Add Paul Williams to that list williamspaul536@yahoo.co.uk

I have been having fun with this guy for the last month...acting like a total dumbass, drafting up false money transfer documents, printing them and then signing them and scanning them in for that authentic look...he has been getting really excited thinking I am transferring him over €8k! ha as if

fletch wrote: »
    Add Paul Williams to that list williamspaul536@yahoo.co.uk

I have been having fun with this guy for the last month...acting like a total dumbass, drafting up false money transfer documents, printing them and then signing them and scanning them in for that authentic look...he has been getting really excited thinking I am transferring him over €8k! ha as if

Im Pauls Buddy, You mean your not sending the funds???:eek: He has kids to feed!:rolleyes:
    He is gonna be so hurt by this, christmas only a few weeks away too:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

Im Pauls Buddy, You mean your not sending the funds???:eek: He has kids to feed!:rolleyes:
    He is gonna be so hurt by this, christmas only a few weeks away too:cool:
    I am actually on the phone at the moment to Barclays in the UK trying to get his bank accounts shut down :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Paypal can freeze your account anytime. All the buyer would have to do after he got your car was contact them and mention any kind of fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Don't be so quick to dismiss this offer
    The Ugandan dollar is trading well against the euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Just let him put the money in through paypal and then take it out? :confused:

If he hasn't got the funds, Paypal will chase him and freeze his account!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 V3R

Scamers!!
    10 Apr 2011
    I posted my car on Carsales last night and received several very similar emails this morning from:

and provided me with the number +60173291697 which a quick Google search lead me here.

Its nice to see people working together to stop these scum from cheating others.
    defnite spam there...you can google that number...u will probly find it on a spam warning website!!!i got seven txtx from a similar number....saying i won some or other apple product!!!spam spam spam!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Tallon wrote: »
    Just let him put the money in through paypal and then take it out? :confused:

If he hasn't got the funds, Paypal will chase him and freeze his account!

It isn't working that way. If it did, this scam would not work.

Scamers!!
    10 Apr 2011

Brilliant, this is exactly the reason I put the email into the thread!
    God bless googlebot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Emails not gonna help sadly, they're just dump accounts probably!

It's making people aware of the actual scam! And only accepting cash

• Registered Users Posts: 1 3onda

OMG
    I just searched for the email jim.bruno@hotmail.com and this thread came up...man you are a life saver.. I was gonna sell my iphone to this guy he asked me for all my bank details and paybal and this ****..and he told me he lives in nigeria...what the ****!!!...i posted the ad on ebay anuncios "spanish ebay"....well good news is that i will still have my iphone4s with me and i wont get scammed....though it seems i wont be getting the iphone5 till i sell this one...once again thanks a million times man...thanks thanks thanks...

this is part of the email

Thanks for the quick response,i will offer you the amount of 500Eur for the item including the shipping cost through Post Office,I am ready to buy and pay for it now.PayPal is a safe and secure means of payment so i will like to pay you through PayPal and if you did not have a account yet you can register at www.paypal.com or i pay through Bank transfer. you need to get back to me with either your PayPal email account or your bank account details so that you can receive the money today

PayPal Email:

OR

Bank Name:
    Holders Name:
    Account Number:
    Iban Number:
    Bank Code:
    Hope to read back from you now.
    Regards

ere is the shipping address below

Name:Tunde Ogunleye
    Address:# 14 stadium Rd
    State:Oyo State
    City: Ogbomosho
    Zip Code:23438

so get back to me with your payment details

****ING JIM BRUNO..NIGERIAN ****ER....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Interesting that the scam is here now too. Been following a story on a UK based board about a Toyota Landcruiser camper that keeps appearing on eBay under a similar scam. The actual owner had all of his photos and the like taken from a classified ad and put up. Tries to trick people into sending money. Cops don't want to know.....

Full story here... Real owner gets involved on page 5 or so..

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/45759-HZJ79-Camper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

5F5C19BB-A6ED-4F31-BE34-BA6A137274E4_extra.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

OP - If you have the time i find it's best to string them along. Just to get their hopes up...Even go as far as to provide them with a dud western union number so he/she turns up and looks like a fool..well worth the time imo :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

OP - If you have the time i find it's best to string them along. Just to get their hopes up...Even go as far as to provide them with a dud western union number so he/she turns up and looks like a fool..well worth the time imo :pac:

Or just send them a euro or something ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I remember dealing with a scammer once. He had the iPhone 3G for 220 quid, when it would cost about €350 here.

He even took the time to actually GET A BRAND NEW IPHONE!!

(I still wonder if he was fake or not, since he wanted to use PayPal, not Western Union - that was back in 2008.)

2ii56.jpg

BTW. Michal is my name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Sobanek wrote: »
    I remember dealing with a scammer once. He had the iPhone 3G for 220 quid, when it would cost about €350 here.

(I still wonder if he was fake or not, since he wanted to use PayPal, not Western Union - that was back in 2008.)

2ii56.jpg

BTW. Michal is my name.

Looks like a Chinese iPhone copy to me? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Sobanek wrote: »

2ii56.jpg

BTW. Michal is my name.

That's a knock off I-Phone, I have one here. Dual sim!

Called a Sci-phone

1343991682_1.jpg

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    Emails not gonna help sadly, they're just dump accounts probably!

It's making people aware of the actual scam! And only accepting cash

Well looks to me like they are reusing accounts :)

Advertisement