Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

font size for lettering on my ribs

Options
  • 03-09-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

I'm planning on getting some celtic lettering on my ribs and I'm just wondering what is the smallest font size I could use? I have already spoken to a tattoo artist who explained that the bigger the lettering the longer it will last.

But now I am trying to finalise the design I was wondering what would be the ideal font size ? I'm currently looking at size 60. Would that be big enough? I'm willing to change the words to suit the placement and font size if needed. I want this tattoo to last!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

aunt aggie wrote: »
    I'm planning on getting some celtic lettering on my ribs and I'm just wondering what is the smallest font size I could use? I have already spoken to a tattoo artist who explained that the bigger the lettering the longer it will last.

But now I am trying to finalise the design, I was wondering what would be the ideal font size for the lettering shown below? I'm currently looking at size 60. Would that be big enough? I'm willing to change the words to suit the placement and font size if needed. I want this tattoo to last!!

Mo storgo deo

Check last post in this thead... There is a version of this phrase posted there... With notes on regional differences in spelling.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056690957?page=1#post_79570345

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

ozmo wrote: »
    Check last post in this thead... There is a version of this phrase posted there... With notes on regional differences in spelling.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056690957?page=1#post_79570345

Thanks ozmo, but I speak Irish fairly well and I'm happy with the spelling and phrasing that I've settled on

sorry the lettering didnt actually translate :( but its celtic lettering and I'm thinking font size 60, big enough??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

you should be going to a tattoo artist who you have enough faith in to direct you on this.

A good tattoo artist is an artist and a tradesman. They should be "finalizing". because they know the factors involved.

Advertisement