Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My 10 year boardsaversary soon

• 03-09-2012 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Just realised, I'm 12 days away from my 10 year boardsaversary.

I'm wondering should I be disappointed at my shockingly low post count or take it as some kind of affirmation that I've had a life for large parts of the last 10 years???:D

Also, I'd suggest that on a members 5, 10 or 15 year boardsaversay, he or she should be entitled to say "yor m_", blast anyone with you know what and kick anyone they like in the face, with wild abandon without risk of a banning (like a temporary freedom of the forum).

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I'm horrified by your post count... i think on your 10th anniversary we should kick you out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Happy Boardsaversary!?

The mods should chip in and buy you an official Boards party hat with accessories. That light up when you correct someone or challenge their opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Happy anniversary. I am on here about 3 years but deactivated my email for old account so had to create a new count. What changes have you seen in 10 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Boards should give 'Mod for an hour' privileges to 10 year veterans, allowing you to infract, ban, chastise and generally act like a pocket Hitler for a brief spell.

After the hour, all your power-tripping madness would be automatically reversed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

someone do the maths but yes I think you qualify as a boards stalker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

You never call, you never write. Killing us with worry ya are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Daisy M wrote: »
    Happy anniversary. I am on here about 3 years but deactivated my email for old account so had to create a new count. What changes have you seen in 10 years?

Might post on the actual anniversary with a few lines on how it's changed from my point of view!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

djk1000 wrote: »
    Might post on the actual anniversary with a few lines on how it's changed from my point of view!

Fvck that, we want cake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I know how you feel OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Congrats op. How are your hips and joints holding up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Pffff, where's WhiteWashMan man when you need him with his n00b - 1998 4tw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

For me, that time has come, and gone. It felt strange, and I got no free coke and hookers from anyone either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

For me, that time has come, and gone. It felt strange, and I got no free coke and hookers from anyone either.

Look everbody!

It's Ben Dunne!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Oh it's my 5 year in November ... Do we get cake ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Congratulations on making it to 10.

On your 10 year anniversary, you get complimentary coke and hookers. That's what all this has been building up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Just posting to see how long I am a member.

Nothing to see here move a long :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I did nothing for my 5yrs anniversary here... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm not even sure why I still keep you around boards - you forget our anniversary every year! :(

*Sulks in bathroom for the night*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Mickey H wrote: »

On your 10 year anniversary, you get complimentary coke and hookers. That's what all this has been building up to.

If only :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Look everbody!

It's Ben Dunne!
    Ben there, Dunne that...
    Mickey H wrote: »

Nah, you dont.

OP, its a good thing Terry is not still modding AH, he'd ban your ass for posting this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Just realised mine was yesterday...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

pfft, ****ing noobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Oh, look at you all. So vibrant and full of youth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,568 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

my old account was from 2001 but that got lost in the great purge so I now use my back up account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

Hallmark dont do a card for this magical occasion, so I mailed you a special one off ecard. You have to enter your bank details to view it, just as a formality like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

10 years here and mod of nothing, not even a lowly hosted forum. Hope I'll have more to show for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I hate cancer, it kills people and the global elite should pull their finger out and come up with a cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

newb tbh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Another landmark in life as you wither and crumple through time. Before you know it gravity will have compressed you half a foot and you'll smell like wee and cabbage. Happy weird meaningless internet thing. I look forward to your 20 year thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

I hate cancer, it kills people and the global elite should pull their finger out and come up with a cure.

Eh, what??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

So you're essentially celebrating the fact that you've had nothing much of any consequence to impart for the last 10 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I'm wondering should I be disappointed at my shockingly low post count or take it as some kind of affirmation that I've had a life for large parts of the last 10 years???:D

Also, I'd suggest that on a members 5, 10 or 15 year boardsaversay, he or she should be entitled to say "yor m_", blast anyone with you know what and kick anyone they like in the face, with wild abandon without risk of a banning (like a temporary freedom of the forum).

D

I'm 12 days away from my banniversary

Advertisement