Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In need of adventure

• 03-09-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey all,

Been unemployed for some time now and finally sick of the lack of luck finding a job.

So now I've decided to take off on a random holiday mid week.

Just wondering if anyone has done this before on the spur of the moment and if so, any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Have you tried the Super Adventurers Club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Syria seems to be where all the action is lately... Plenty of adventure I'ld say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Been in fulltime employment now for almost sixteen years, luckily enough I've never had to claim dole, or go job hunting.

Still couldn't afford a midweek,spur of the moment random holiday though :confused:

What am i doing wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Hey all,

Been unemployed for some time now and finally sick of the lack of luck finding a job.

Just wondering if anyone has done this before on the spur of the moment and if so, any recommendations?

Bottle of jack .. bottle of coke, dublin bus ... knock your self out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 annoyed_grunt

Ghandee wrote: »
    Been in fulltime employment now for almost sixteen years, luckily enough I've never had to claim dole, or go job hunting.

Still couldn't afford a midweek,spur of the moment random holiday though :confused:

What am i doing wrong?

Well I was working up until a few months ago and have some money saved up, I'm not talking about going mad or anything, just feel like a change of scenery for a few days.

Also while yes I am currently on the dole I'm not exactly scratching my ass. I have been actively attempting to find work and have been very careful with my money in the past; e.g. not going on holidays with friends earlier this year as I didn't wish to take time off work.

Still though congrats to you on your sixteen years of stable employment, doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong so well done to ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

I would recommend Prague cheap beer, and food pretty short flight and really nice city in general.
    A few years ago but we stayed here great location and lovely hotel

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g274707-d275498-Reviews-Grand_Hotel_Bohemia-Prague_Bohemia.html

Head to Scotland and climb Ben Nevis. Should be stunning in this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Is this another "The dole is too high" thread in disguise???:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Ghandee wrote: »

What am i doing wrong?

ah you didnt! - there should be a new godwin type rule for when a new troll comes along and someone feeds it it :(

what was that 3 posts?

edit: beaten to it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

jessiejam wrote: »
    Is this another "The dole is too high" thread in disguise???:p

Thinly veiled "I've got too much dole money" thread... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

My four year old daughters room is like a bomb site, it's in some serious need of excavation. Guaranteed adventure or your money back. Bound to be hidden treasures lurking, including my tweezers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

My four year old daughters room is like a bomb site, it's in some serious need of excavation. Guaranteed adventure or your money back. Bound to be hidden treasures lurking, including my tweezers :(

for plucking your vag hair :eek:

*chuckles at username*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Expose your genitals on public transport, it'll help pass the time and help you feel like you have some small bit of modicumin in your life.

Winning is what it's called I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭paulgalway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Hey all,

Hope you told the social you were taking a week off.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I recommend staying at home alone with a bottle of scotch. There is no adventure. Just traps. Craphole money sucking traps. Read a book.

Advertisement