Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aquarium plants.

Options
  • 03-09-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi guys. Looking to stock 180l tank with plants. Fish will be enders a betta and lots of shrimp. So looking to get anubias java fern and the like. Any ideas where i can get some at good prices. Be it at my lfs or private seller Dublin area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

You could ask in the swap shop on here (if it hasnt been spotted) or like you said, ask in your LFS.
    I bought some from Aquaworld, they have a great selection of plants from Tropica, prices arent too bad either. Its 5 euro per shipment on all orders under a certain amount so your best thing would be to buy all ya need at once. Careful though, because fastway deliver them, not a fan of them after I picked mine up from beside my bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oldon

You could ask in the swap shop on here (if it hasnt been spotted) or like you said, ask in your LFS.
    I bought some from Aquaworld, they have a great selection of plants from Tropica, prices arent too bad either. Its 5 euro per shipment on all orders under a certain amount so your best thing would be to buy all ya need at once. Careful though, because fastway deliver them, not a fan of them after I picked mine up from beside my bin!

Had some stuff sent from aquaworld before livestock. The fastway driver left the goods in the wrong area . He was very rude to my wife . In this day and age. Had to call aquaworld and fastway head office. As delivery driver seemed to be waste of space when it came to doing his job. Wont be using away company that has fastways as there delivery agent. The stock did finally get here. The stock was top quality. Might drop over to the store have a look.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Gavin in Artane Aquatics is good for plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

oldon wrote: »
    Had some stuff sent from aquaworld before livestock. The fastway driver left the goods in the wrong area . He was very rude to my wife .

I hear ya! If it werent for the fact that ya HAVE to use Fastway, I wouldnt give it a second thought, had the same result from my delivery guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭JD81

I had issues with fast way too, I ordered 4 tubs of tropica 1-2 grow java moss and elocharsis, they were all flattened when I got them:mad:
    On a side note, the guys in the the shop are great to deal with and they have probably one of the widest selections of tropica plants available, my advice would be to choose the pickup in store option when buying if you want to avoid fast way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Java Fern is a great plant if you tie it to rocks or bogwood, it will grow in low light conditions. I have 2 different forms one has a very thin leaf and the other a broad leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

where are you?

i have jave fern and a broad leaved plant that just put a runner with flowers about 5 feet out of my tank :) Turned into about 6 runners and a new runner is now coming out so can prob give cuttings away

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Hi Fungun
    What type of a plant is it, if any spare cuttings I would love some.
    fungun wrote: »
    where are you?

i have jave fern and a broad leaved plant that just put a runner with flowers about 5 feet out of my tank :) Turned into about 6 runners and a new runner is now coming out so can prob give cuttings away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

i actually have no idea, bought a few bundles off ebay a while back, cant remember all the names. Bundles of white flowers about the size of a buttercup coming out top of tank, not sure if any plant experts might know

Advertisement