Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is my job title?!

• 03-09-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

So I currently work in IT, and am working on my CV at the moment in anticipation of starting to apply for new positions once my current contract comes to an end. My employer doesn't have a title for my position as I was taken on as part of a graduate programme.

Some of the kinds of things I do are:
    • Desktop Support
    • PC and Laptop Builds
    • Server Builds
    • Backup Administration and Management
    • VoIP Phone System Admin
    • MS Exchange Admin
    • Active Directory & Group Policy Management
    • Network Infrastructure Management

With all the various IT job titles you see out there, I just want to make sure that I am not trying to over sell my experience or indeed under sell. I know a title is only a small thing, but I just want to be on the safe side!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Jack of all trades? Or IT administrator. Could call yourself sys admin or IT operations too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

UDP wrote: »
    Jack of all trades? Or IT administrator. Could call yourself sys admin or IT operations too.

I would say desktop support/ system engineer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I did the exact same work a few years ago and my title was Desktop Support Engineer

Advertisement